Alaska Poolie Info

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19 
Page 9 of 26
Go to
Has anyone heard anything more about the Museum Event?
you really should be hoping that any other legacy or major calls you before hearing about any stupid rah rah i am alaska museum meet and greet.

Quote: Has anyone heard anything more about the Museum Event?
Quote: you really should be hoping that any other legacy or major calls you before hearing about any stupid rah rah i am alaska museum meet and greet.
What's your class date?
Quote: you really should be hoping that any other legacy or major calls you before hearing about any stupid rah rah i am alaska museum meet and greet.
You're so right dude. I'm glad to know there are select persons out there like you who've got it all figured out. I hope you dispense advice to everyone to raise the overall IQ of the pilot population.
And back on subject. Has anyone heard anything about the museum event?
Quote: And back on subject. Has anyone heard anything about the museum event?
I heard it was at the Museum.
Quote: And back on subject. Has anyone heard anything about the museum event?

Nothing yet. She said there would be one more communication email prior to the event. I'm guessing we hear something in a few days.
Just curious, what is the average time most people have been swimming in the pool?
Quote: Just curious, what is the average time most people have been swimming in the pool?
Hard to give a real average. Early last year it was averaging 4-6 months, then at the end of the year it was 1-2 months. Now that they have not had a class start since the 13th of March the average has gone back up. Not sure how many are in pool and how fast they can empty it. Next class 17 July and another 2 weeks later.
Quote: Hard to give a real average. Early last year it was averaging 4-6 months, then at the end of the year it was 1-2 months. Now that they have not had a class start since the 13th of March the average has gone back up. Not sure how many are in pool and how fast they can empty it. Next class 17 July and another 2 weeks later.
I believe there are approximately 60-75 pilots in the pool at the moment. As everyone knows, classes resume at AS on July 17 and are occurring every two weeks thereafter. As far as we understand it the classes will occur every two weeks indefinitely until another "break" in hiring is announced.

Lets figure high and assume that 75 people are in the pool. At 12 pilots per class that is enough pilots for 6 classes. The pool will likely be drained by late September or early October at the latest. Anyone interviewing this summer (assuming they're interviewing pilots this summer) can probably expect a class in Q4 2017.
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19 
Page 9 of 26
Go to