Intl Travelers-expect 8 hour delays

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzanne...h=1dfae0bc3449

Monday the USA is lifting COVID restrictions on Intl travel, they expect some "growing pains"
Ruh Roh.

Note to self: Bid domestic for Dec
Quit your Pax carrier and hire on with a cargo carrier. And/or make sure your company books you in First/Business.
Quote: Quit your Pax carrier and hire on with a cargo carrier. And/or make sure your company books you in First/Business.
I do. Doesn't matter. I flew the first night out of Sydney this month when they opened up and it was a zoo. Twelve widebody crews trying to get through crew customs at once and then a giant mess at security. While my company buys me tickets to work I still need to ride on airplanes and in the last 5 months it's gotten back to the hell it was pre-covid. By far the worst part of my job is riding on pax flights, be it in business class or not. Air travel has devolved into something to just be endured,
Quote: By far the worst part of my job is riding on pax flights, be it in business class or not. Air travel has devolved into something to just be endured,
No doubt. The contemporary passenger experience is miserable.
Quote: No doubt. The contemporary passenger experience is miserable.
Little wonder charter and private jet sales are booming. Net Jets had to stop offering shares,couldn’t get the planes to meet demand. Trying to find a charter is worse than ever.
Quote: Little wonder charter and private jet sales are booming. Net Jets had to stop offering shares,couldn’t get the planes to meet demand. Trying to find a charter is worse than ever.
Which is why I bought lotsa shares of Wheels Up when they went public.
International flying is unlikely to improve.
Not quickly, anyway, and not to Europe…

Quote: International flying is unlikely to improve.
Excargodog - Our Resident Lady of Phobos, Deimos, and Bad News.

But yes, frustrating as American and Delta are scheduled to resume Munich flying in December. I wonder if those restarts will be affected.

(For the record, I do appreciate your posts and contributions )
Fwiw, cases is an increasingly poor metric. Vaccines and treatments are going to redefine the case-to-chaos ratio.

that said the German numbers still look scary
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to