Longest Flight...Who's the winner?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
While flying C17s in the AF, I worked some long days and flew some pretty long flights.

I bet I've got a flight longer than any of you guys!

What's longest flight you've flown? How long takeoff to land and from where to where?
I was in Toronto the other day and an A340 was getting a clearance from Toronto to Sydney.
I didn't do it, but my old next door neighbor has done non-stop CONUS to IRAQ to CONUS in the B52... he made the return trip several thousand pounds lighter than when he left and had to refuel several times enroute.
KMMU to KTEB reposition, was way longer than you might think
as far as time goes... i hand flew a bonanza for 15 hours in one day.
16.5 hours in a B52 with the helmet on the whole time. Not as long as CONUS to Iraq and back but the only war going on when I fly BUFFS was the Cold War.
Quote: While flying C17s in the AF, I worked some long days and flew some pretty long flights.

I bet I've got a flight longer than any of you guys!

What's longest flight you've flown? How long takeoff to land and from where to where?
What was yours???
Well, if you're counting MSFS, I've flown around the world in a 744 (KLAX-KLAX). It took like 74 hrs (I just left my computer running.)
I picked up a DV in DC and fly Andrews direct to Manila, Philippines. It took 21 hours and two air refuelings, one over Alaska and another over Japan.

Thank God for autopilot!

That said...I think 15 hours hand flying a bonanza may be the winner so far.
I think the military guys will win it hands down, and on that note I'd like to put a thanks out there for the service you provide us all!!!!!!!
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to