Cargo In SC

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I have noticed periodically on AirNav.com a Shorts flying a route at night between CHS and GSP. I can only assume it is a cargo flight since no one in their right mind would own one for fun or corporate. If anyone has information on who this might be please let me know.
Probably Air Cargo Carriers, they run alot of those for UPS.
Been through GSP a couple of times and that shorts is in Air Cargo Carriers colors. I think they only have one aircraft there.
Gsp-chs-sdf-gsp
Quote: Gsp-chs-sdf-gsp
I think I remember passing that flight whenever I had a trip down to CLT from Indiana. Usually just me and that shorts around 9-10,000', somewhere in the night!
Thanks for the info guys.
That's a tough company to get your time at.. You can upgrade and get the ME Turb PIC, but it's getting it the hard way. I think they make you pay for a portion of the training as well. In this market.. I guess we don't have very many options. Have you tried AirNow? Look them up. They are in that area as well and I think they are hiring for the 208 and the Emb 110.
I was wondering since they were flying routes in SC where I live. I thought it would be great to try and find a company to work for where I could build time and wouldn't have to commute great distances. It seems to me that most of the freight dawg companies are either out west or up north. I guess I will be stuck playing the CFI game.

Thanks for the infor on AirNow. I will deffinately check them out.
Quote: That's a tough company to get your time at.. You can upgrade and get the ME Turb PIC, but it's getting it the hard way. I think they make you pay for a portion of the training as well. In this market.. I guess we don't have very many options.

Yes that flight is by ACC...but please don't speculate about the company. It's a great place to work, not all the runs are tough, some are fun and have a great QOL. YOU DO NOT PAY FOR ANY TRAINING, they pay you while in training. ACC is a great option during this time. They treat you right, and you'll gain a lot of experience while doing it.
Thanks .. my mistake.. I thought I had heard they wanted $7500 and a two year commitment.. but honestly.. if you're building time, two years is what it would take to get a nice padding of ME PIC turbine time. I did the Mil route, but think I missed out on some of the fun jobs that can be had out there.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to