Redispatch in flight?

Subscribe
I know I've seen a regulation or interpretation some where that prohibited departing on a flight knowing you would not complete the flight as dispatched. The easiest example would be Flying from point A to B with a fuel stop at C. But, as the flight progresses you notice you can make B without the fuel stop. It was my understanding that you could not redispatch in flight and I was hoping someone could help me find the reg or interpretation that conveyed that.
So you are saying that you would HAVE to stop at point C even if the winds were more favorable than planned and you COULD make point B with adequate fuel reserves?
I don't know the answer to your question but I look forward to the opinions. I do know that IAW the operation and rules (P91/135) that I fly under this would not be a factor and often end up changing the destination and/or fuel stops once enroute.

USMCFLYR
I think you have it, but slightly backwards. You can't dispatch the flight without the fuel-stop in there with your original information because you know you can't make it. If, and once airborn you have the info to back up your decision, I believe you can carry on to the ultimate destination. I have no regs to back this up, but I remember a very similiar scenario a few times.
In Flag operations, we use "Redispatch" flight plans quite often. It's in our ops specs and is just away to reduce the amount of reserve fuel that might otherwise be required.
Doesnt it just come down to Opspecs?
Every flight I make is on a re-dispatch fight plan. It does come down to opspec and how your company plans to operate safely, but can indeed redispatch in flight.
I fly 121 and we re-dispatch on occasion!
If you're being dispatched at all under non-scheduled Part 135, don't tell the FAA