EK DEC application

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hi,

Does anyone knows if EK is still calling applicants for DEC assessment? Got an email from EK HR a few months ago that I was shortlisted but nothing else since then.

Thanks
things see, slow
They are actually going flat out. I think the 330 is all DEC's at the moment and will continue into the start of the new year. 777 seems to be a mix.
Quote: They are actually going flat out. I think the 330 is all DEC's at the moment and will continue into the start of the new year. 777 seems to be a mix.
Wow. Theres gotta be alot of ticked off fos.
The ones that are ticked off are the ones that think they are entitled to an upgrade, large number of failures happening at the moment, including some very experienced ( so they say themselves) pilots.The ones that are close are a bit scared to say the least, now wishing they had not sat on the a## for the last 4 years and done nothing ( it shows on day one of the NAC)
The company could care less if they are ticked off or not, EK has them on the property and that's all they care about.
Still ,EK, is looking at 450 pilots (including @100 DEC) next year. But, they know all about the recalls about to happen in the US and may adjust their hiring patterns.
Thanks fatbus,

Are they only inviting applicants rated on types flown by EK?
A300Skipper,

No. B767 and B737NG rated as well, as far as I know.
Just over 40 DECs on the seniority list so far, with an average mix of 330 and 777.
Yeah, EK could lose quite a few to Delta (threw up just a little) when they start hiring next year with the new contract.
Thanks for your replies gentlemen. Any idea regarding the total number of DECs required?
To be honest you might be a bit late on this round. Last DEC class on the B777 reported to be in January. Not sure about the Airbus's last class, but the DEC numbers were going to be around 100. It kept moving from just over, to just under, to who knows exactly how many. The bottom line is that most have already interviewed and been hired. Since most other nations require a 3 month notice those classes in January are most likely filled already.

TP
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to