Delta flights grounded after systems outage

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to
My apologies if it has been already posted:

Delta flights grounded after systems outage
Maybe the servers are running on Windows R/T...
MS-DOS
Rumor has it that someone put a 5/1/4 inch floppy in upside down...
Delta Warns of Chaos After Power Outage, Worldwide System Failure - NBC News
I hope my turbulence app works

Quote: Rumor has it that someone put a 5/1/4 inch floppy in upside down...
5 1/4 inch floppy, I've been accused of that.
According to the flight captain of JFK-SLC this morning, a routine scheduled switch to the backup generator this morning at 2:30am caused a fire that destroyed both the backup and the primary. Firefighters took a while to extinguish the fire. Power is now back up and 400 out of the 500 servers rebooted, still waiting for the last 100 to have the whole system fully functional
Quote: According to the flight captain of JFK-SLC this morning, a routine scheduled switch to the backup generator this morning at 2:30am caused a fire that destroyed both the backup and the primary. Firefighters took a while to extinguish the fire. Power is now back up and 400 out of the 500 servers rebooted, still waiting for the last 100 to have the whole system fully functional
1- one would think that they wouldn't put the primary and secondary generators next to each other

2- one would also think that they would have mirrored servers on another continent, just in case
strategic decisions aside.....this airline is blessed to have employees that are in general, pretty resourceful and dedicated. im sure they are making the most of what is still working.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to