Dropping trips / reserve?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: But with your 70, you get paid 75. (75+80)/2=77.5 average. Depends on the domicile. Easy to average 85 or more on the Z. Domestic if often under guarantee.

You are correct and that is what I meant, just didn't type enough words.
Dropping trips update
Wondering if much has changed regarding options to work less than a full schedule. Heard life has gotten busier lately & curious to learn how senior one might need to be to drop trips with company or give away via swap board. Thanks
Quote: Wondering if much has changed regarding options to work less than a full schedule. Heard life has gotten busier lately & curious to learn how senior one might need to be to drop trips with company or give away via swap board. Thanks
Nothing has changed in this department.
Forget about dropping troops with the company, won't happen. Trip trades with open time are mixed. The trip board seems to work fairly well.
Quote: Forget about dropping troops with the company, won't happen. Trip trades with open time are mixed. The trip board seems to work fairly well.
I think what you posted could be confusing.

Any pilot can post his entire line on the trip board if he wanted to. You can post and de-post the entire line or portions. You can post it and then take it down days or weeks later if you wanted to. Of course you want to accomplish at least half your line in order to maintain certain benefits.

We do have pilots routinely dropping to just over 37.5 per pay period.
I think that goes with what I was saying. To call the company and drop a trip, difficult at best. People have been having some luck with the trip board though.
Trip trade with your sick bank is always approved!
Quote: Forget about dropping troops with the company, won't happen. Trip trades with open time are mixed. The trip board seems to work fairly well.
It takes 37.5 credit hours per "bid" period (usually 56 days) for A-plan, vacation and sick accrual. So you really only need to do 25% of the work to maintain the benefits. Thank you EB!

Q# 13-100) Will dropping my line credit using the Trip Board negatively impact my accruals for vacation, sick, and longevity accruals in a bid period as long as I maintain at least 37.5 credit hours for that bid period?
No. Your vacation, sick, and longevity accruals are protected just like your Defined Benefit “A-Plan” accruals are protected when you voluntarily reduce your line credit by transferring trips to other crewmembers using the Trip Board. You must, however, maintain a minimum of 37.5 credit hours in the bid period in order to receive this protection.
Posted: 7/21/2016 2:42:57 PM
Quote: It takes 37.5 credit hours per "bid" period (usually 56 days) for A-plan, vacation and sick accrual. So you really only need to do 25% of the work to maintain the benefits. Thank you EB!

Q# 13-100) Will dropping my line credit using the Trip Board negatively impact my accruals for vacation, sick, and longevity accruals in a bid period as long as I maintain at least 37.5 credit hours for that bid period?
No. Your vacation, sick, and longevity accruals are protected just like your Defined Benefit “A-Plan” accruals are protected when you voluntarily reduce your line credit by transferring trips to other crewmembers using the Trip Board. You must, however, maintain a minimum of 37.5 credit hours in the bid period in order to receive this protection.
Posted: 7/21/2016 2:42:57 PM
Wow. Thanks for that. I learned something on APC. I thought it was per pay period. No wonder why the NDs aren’t retiring en masse.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to