At 1315 hours, how should I get to 1500

Subscribe
I'm in my mid 50 and can retire from my current position. No upside to staying except I will keep adding to my pension. The pay is crap, yet the work is great. I have the means to purchase a small single engine and fly the heck out of it. I have a SEL with comm and instrument with a CFIG. Almost no real instrument time. No multi. No CRM. Most of my time has been flying skydivers and towing/teaching gliders. In the glider community I fly and socialize with several airline pilots who encouraging me to proceed.

Goal is fly with a commuter.

After the first year or so I need to make 4K year to make it.

Will my self logged hours be accepted? Will my lack of CRM hurt me?

I have a few hours in Garmin 430 and G1000.

Suggestions, comments?
Get on with a company like PlaneSense or and fix your deficits. It will give you 500+ hrs of real world pax flying. Get your multi.
Then carry on to the Regionals.
Quote:
have a SEL with comm and instrument with a CFIG. Almost no real instrument time. No multi. No CRM.
Fix those things--you won't get far without a good working knowledge in real instrument flying and CRM. PlaneSense, Tradewind, Surfair all make sense. Do some instrument flying.

GF
Hey Diverpilot, I'll PM you lets talk. I just got on with a regional at 45. most of my multi time is flying skydivers. other time was flying a Piper Comanche that I own so lets just say I know what you are asking about.
Like others have said, get on with a small operator to get some instrument time...that is far more important to your training success in 121 than ME experience (as long as you have the minimum ME time for regionals which I think is 25 hours these days).