Will never happen...!

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
A while back I wrote that if EK was in enough of a bind they would open some sort of commutable rosters, offer reverse roster patterns or something along those lines....., so there you have it.
Quote: so there you have it.
So there we have what?
Have what? 28 days on with 13 off..with a reduction in pay, housing and all other allowances? Another gimmick coming out of the bouncy castle to cut costs. Same amount of work for less money.
Sorry but I'm confused.. what are you trying to say?
Quote: Have what? 28 days on with 13 off..with a reduction in pay, housing and all other allowances? Another gimmick coming out of the bouncy castle to cut costs. Same amount of work for less money.
If these are in fact the new terms it seems a big improvement for those willing to commute. It certainly is not on par with many commuting contracts but a big step in the right direction. If I do the math correctly 28 on and 13 off is 41 days X 9 rotation patterns per year so 117 days off per year. vs. the current 42 so there should be some reduction in pay vs. a current non-commuting contract as you Cannot work the same amount of days.
Quote: If these are in fact the new terms it seems a big improvement for those willing to commute. It certainly is not on par with many commuting contracts but a big step in the right direction. If I do the math correctly 28 on and 13 off is 41 days X 9 rotation patterns per year so 117 days off per year. vs. the current 42 so there should be some reduction in pay vs. a current non-commuting contract as you Cannot work the same amount of days.
Could someone please spill the beans? Does EK allow commuting now? What is the pay? Benefits?
Quote: If these are in fact the new terms it seems a big improvement for those willing to commute. It certainly is not on par with many commuting contracts but a big step in the right direction. If I do the math correctly 28 on and 13 off is 41 days X 9 rotation patterns per year so 117 days off per year. vs. the current 42 so there should be some reduction in pay vs. a current non-commuting contract as you Cannot work the same amount of days.
Yeap.......! And people said it would never happen...., what will never happen is them allowing airplanes to be parked
Go to PPrune and read what the folks are saying about it. From initial reports its only going to be offered to certain crew already on board...so you must be selected and not something offered to new hires. Having pilots based in Dubai and spending their money there is what EK is about...they will never relinquish that control over you no matter how many airplanes are parked.

And to add..the details came out: 15% pay reduction, no provident fund, reduced housing allowance with no option for company housing, no education allowance for children outside of DXB, days off down route in destination and only 12 days of annual leave from the normal 42. Every time I think they couldn't come up with something more dumb and degrading, they seem to surprise me.
Quote: Having pilots based in Dubai and spending their money there is what EK is about...they will never relinquish that control over you no matter how many airplanes are parked.
Yeah..., sure Just like commutable rosters would never happen
This isn't a commuting contract. It's merely 13 days off in a row for a 15% reduction in pay, more when you consider the loss of housing, provident fund, etc. The package doesn't provide any form of commuting ticket. The money stays in Dubai, the pilots stay under their thumbs, and the beatings will continue.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to