FDX 2007 Hiring Rumors

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 18
Go to
Does anyone have any believeable rumors regarding FDX hiring? I am trying to help a few guys (who have already done meet and greets last April and May) get hired and have been hearing conflicting info.

I have heard either:
A. We will slow hiring and interviews down until after the next big bid and then ramp back up to 60 a month for a while.
or
B. We are finishing draining whatever pool is left and then not hiring for the rest of the year.

Anyone?
I think "rest of the year" is until June.

ViperD
Quote: Does anyone have any believeable rumors regarding FDX hiring? I am trying to help a few guys (who have already done meet and greets last April and May) get hired and have been hearing conflicting info.

I have heard either:
A. We will slow hiring and interviews down until after the next big bid and then ramp back up to 60 a month for a while.
or
B. We are finishing draining whatever pool is left and then not hiring for the rest of the year.

Anyone?

I have heard A. with 30 per month but........ who knows.

TB, you know and I know the bean-counters tell the SCP how many he can hire and when. From what I've heard, there's a quarterly manning review where projections are made and classes are determined. I cannot tell you how many times in my brief 8 yr stint where I've heard "30 per month for the forseeable future" then no classes or "no hiring till June" to see 2 classes in May.

Good luck to your swimmers.

FYI, the quarterly SIG review might be this month and there's usually good intel that springs from that fountain. It may have already been in Feb though.
ML,
That sounds like the same thing I've been telling the guys I know for the last year. When they post the Fedruary bid in June or July, we'll probably know a lot more.
6 per month until the end of the fiscal (31May).
kwri10's-
you should be doing your CMI...
or watching Duke-UNC!
NOT POSTING HERE !!!
I walked my bud in last may and he has not met the selection board even though I was told he was a prime candidate. This process is getting silly.
Quote: I walked my bud in last may and he has not met the selection board even though I was told he was a prime candidate. This process is getting silly.
You are being too kind.
Don't anybody think that I'm talking about you. However, sometimes it's the person sponsoring a guy that's the issue, and not the person trying to get hired. I had a friend who was sponsored by someone who was well known, had been here a long time, and yet this guy still couldn't get a M&G. My friend changed sponsors and he's now happily employed here. Maybe it was just luck, but personally, I doubt it.
Its a tough, tough show right now. The guys who might be the craftiest are the guys who take the corporate or PRO IP gig. I know passing 3 years of seniority is tough--but its a guarantee to the line. A guy I helped over 3 years ago is now on the line--and digging it. I don't think he is too bitter about a few hundred guys that passed him by, especially when you see how tough the M&G process is now.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 18
Go to