JB INTRVW psychomotor tstng/aptitude-assess.

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
For those of us with upcoming interviews, can someone please elaborate on the jetBlue "psychomotor testing & aptitude-based assessment" portion and how best to prepare. Thanks to all who reply! flyS
Quote: For those of us with upcoming interviews, can someone please elaborate on the jetBlue "psychomotor testing & aptitude-based assessment" portion and how best to prepare. Thanks to all who reply! flyS
There's no way really to prepare for it, and I doubt that it really counts anyway. Plus I don't think JetBlue can afford to turn down applicants based on how they score on that test these days. Everyone, including myself, feels awful after taking that test and in the end they still hired me and others. I'd focus my energy on the Tmaat questions you'll be asked IMO.
It doesn't count. Just do your best and resist the urge to do aileron rolls during the HUD simulator.
Quote: It doesn't count. Just do your best and resist the urge to do aileron rolls during the HUD simulator.
Doing aileron rolls didn't prevent me from getting hired, but I was one of the first groups to take the assessment.
JB INTRVW psychomotor tstng/aptitude-assess.
It starts out with a basic multi-tasking exercise that last approx 5 minutes. It asks at the end what you saw, what you heard, stuff you didn't even know was happing in the background. It is very stressful and is designed that way. Don't freak out because you get to take it again, this time knowing what to look for... Then a cognitive test solving patterns, algebra, and basic math. After is a 30-40 minute personality test that has different types of questions to gauge your personality (what would you do in this situation, I agree/disagree, more like me/less like me). They are just looking for overall consistency, as they ask you many of the same type of questions in different ways. After that is a basic flight simulator where you maintain altitude and just fly to different waypoints. Finally is a hand-eye coordination exercise where you must keep a ball centered on a target using the joystick. The assessment all-in-all took about 1.5 hours.

I've been told it's starting to carry more weight, but only if your panel interviews were weak. Then they look at your scores as a deciding factor. But if your 2-on-1 was strong, they pretty much don't even look at your scores.
does matter
Quote: It starts out with a basic multi-tasking exercise that last approx 5 minutes. It asks at the end what you saw, what you heard, stuff you didn't even know was happing in the background. It is very stressful and is designed that way. Don't freak out because you get to take it again, this time knowing what to look for... Then a cognitive test solving patterns, algebra, and basic math. After is a 30-40 minute personality test that has different types of questions to gauge your personality (what would you do in this situation, I agree/disagree, more like me/less like me). They are just looking for overall consistency, as they ask you many of the same type of questions in different ways. After that is a basic flight simulator where you maintain altitude and just fly to different waypoints. Finally is a hand-eye coordination exercise where you must keep a ball centered on a target using the joystick. The assessment all-in-all took about 1.5 hours.

I've been told it's starting to carry more weight, but only if your panel interviews were weak. Then they look at your scores as a deciding factor. But if your 2-on-1 was strong, they pretty much don't even look at your scores.

I'm sorry to say that this information is inaccurate. The assessment does matter. The interview is completely independent from the assessment. One has NOTHING to do with the other. Successful candidates must be successful on both. I will admit you can prepare for the interview and not really the assessment. Good luck to all candidates I hope this helps!
Quote: I'm sorry to say that this information is inaccurate. The assessment does matter. The interview is completely independent from the assessment. One has NOTHING to do with the other. Successful candidates must be successful on both. I will admit you can prepare for the interview and not really the assessment. Good luck to all candidates I hope this helps!
Do they decide this before being sent o Phase II ?
Believe that one of my classmates - he has a PhD - was involved with creating/validating this assessment. Where did he go shortly after the assessment went live? Delta.
Quote: Believe that one of my classmates - he has a PhD - was involved with creating/validating this assessment. Where did he go shortly after the assessment went live? Delta.
That's looking to be the smart choice more and more each day.
Quote: I'm sorry to say that this information is inaccurate. The assessment does matter. The interview is completely independent from the assessment. One has NOTHING to do with the other. Successful candidates must be successful on both. I will admit you can prepare for the interview and not really the assessment. Good luck to all candidates I hope this helps!
I've heard this from the CPO as well as friends involved with hiring.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to