Upcoming New hire classes?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 10
Go to
Quote: If either throws a nuke flying will stop on a dime. Twenty percent off the bottom of every seniority list to start.
Uh...if nukes start getting thrown and flying stops doesn't that mean 100% of the list?

Our offices aren't EMP proof ya' know!
Anyone know why Delta is still pumping out new hire classes and United has stopped for the next several months? Is there something wrong here?
Quote: Anyone know why Delta is still pumping out new hire classes and United has stopped for the next several months? Is there something wrong here?
UAL offers leaves of absence for overstaffing and then pulls down training so instructors can fly the line due to understaffing. 100 absences were awarded today just for June. DAL uses a different methodology.
Thanks APC....I am waiting on a class start date and I guess I just missed the 2 May date...sounds like things will start again in the fall...darn
Quote: UAL offers leaves of absence for overstaffing and then pulls down training so instructors can fly the line due to understaffing. 100 absences were awarded today just for June. DAL uses a different methodology.

I wouldn't bet this is even a fraction of our differences in manpower planning. Their hiring this year is massive with the same or less retirements. I would wager the vast amount of aircraft categories has a huge impact on the training plan. 5 month captains on their property. On that point I'm sure.
Quote: Anyone know why Delta is still pumping out new hire classes and United has stopped for the next several months? Is there something wrong here?
It's because there's been a severe shortage of brain surgeons coming out of med school.
YoNited has some moderate crew/base imbalances which are currently being mitigated.
Quote: It's because there's been a severe shortage of brain surgeons coming out of med school.
Bahaha. Truth.
Quote: I wouldn't bet this is even a fraction of our differences in manpower planning. Their hiring this year is massive with the same or less retirements. I would wager the vast amount of aircraft categories has a huge impact on the training plan. 5 month captains on their property. On that point I'm sure.
I agree the COLAs are just a drop on the bucket. It is just one example of how this place is managed. Buying a lot of 737-700s--and then not--is another.
Quote: YoNited has some moderate crew/base imbalances which are currently being mitigated.
So would you say, in airline parlance, the crews are being "re-accommodated" where United has seats available?
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 10
Go to