Air Wisconsin Airman trainee program/intern

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 13
Go to
Does anybody have any experience with the Airman Trainee Program at Air Wisconsin? Good? Bad? Benefits? Thanks.
Nobody has done this?
Sounds like pretty easy money to me. You complete an IBT (internet-based training) module once a month, and update your hours with the company. The IBT is supposed to take 2 hours, but can usually be done in much less time. For doing this, you get a bi-weekly salary and travels benefits on AA as well as United in the near future.
Quote: Sounds like pretty easy money to me. You complete an IBT (internet-based training) module once a month, and update your hours with the company. The IBT is supposed to take 2 hours, but can usually be done in much less time. For doing this, you get a bi-weekly salary and travels benefits on AA as well as United in the near future.
Too good to be true is my thought.
Quote: Too good to be true is my thought.
They are just hoping to reel you in to eventually becoming an FO. There is zero commitment to joining AWA as an FO when you do reach your ATP-mins, but they are hoping to have convinced you to come by then.
Quote: They are just hoping to reel you in to eventually becoming an FO. There is zero commitment to joining AWA as an FO when you do reach your ATP-mins, but they are hoping to have convinced you to come by then.
Their way of 'developing' potential hires for them. And I've heard the money is minimal, like $100-$150 a month, so they can legally say you're employed by them and allow the reserving flying.
Quote: They are just hoping to reel you in to eventually becoming an FO. There is zero commitment to joining AWA as an FO when you do reach your ATP-mins, but they are hoping to have convinced you to come by then.
Quote: Their way of 'developing' potential hires for them. And I've heard the money is minimal, like $100-$150 a month, so they can legally say you're employed by them and allow the reserving flying.
Anybody know if the travel benefits are any good? What do "travel benefits" entail? Free flights every how often?
It's for standby/non-revenue travel. The priority is AAC - "Non-wholly owned regional affiliate" or something like that. With United, it will be the same priority as other UAX/United Express carriers.

It's unlimited. You have to pay a $1.50ish fee to list, refunded if you don't make it, and taxes if you go somewhere internationally (usually less than $100). I have had decent luck getting business class going to Europe.

Honestly, the Airman Trainee program is such little work to get the same travel benefits you would get as a pilot (apart from Jumpseat privileges).
There is also a sign-on fee to be enrolled in the travel benefits. $75 for us. But yes, you would get unlimited flights in the American system
Quote: It's for standby/non-revenue travel. The priority is AAC - "Non-wholly owned regional affiliate" or something like that. With United, it will be the same priority as other UAX/United Express carriers.

It's unlimited. You have to pay a $1.50ish fee to list, refunded if you don't make it, and taxes if you go somewhere internationally (usually less than $100). I have had decent luck getting business class going to Europe.

Honestly, the Airman Trainee program is such little work to get the same travel benefits you would get as a pilot (apart from Jumpseat privileges).
Ok gotcha. So you'd recommend it?
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 13
Go to