Still using Flight Bags

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: I think Piedmont is too, but in the trial process of the iPad.
Yes, we still carry paper at PDT. It's not a big deal. We should be done with the IPad trial period this fall. At that point, I believe all we will have to carry in paper is the QRH and normal checklist.
Sorry, the classic 4~6 Jepp binder flightcase is dead.
Long live the iPad®!
Quote: You don't need flight bags anymore. Just get a good backpack and put all your gear in it and sling it over your shoulder and your good to go.
Backpack.....(shudders)
Quote: Backpack.....(shudders)
Backpack, earbuds AND shiney sunglasses.....Yah, that's the ticket.
Quote: Backpack.....(shudders)
Funny thing is that one of the airline subforums that you supposedly clamor to work for, more than 90% of their pilots use backpacks.... AND they mostly carry them on their shoulder...... (shudders).

And most wear leather jackets and the ones that don't, they are usually wearing some sort of black North Face type jacket. Very few wear the company trench coat.

If you want to play airline pilot and pretend that anyone actually gives a krap what you look like and how "professional" you appear, then go get on with the big D and live out your childhood fantasies.
Quote: You can easily fit all that in a good backpack. Plus, it's much easier to carry.... Just fling it over your shoulder and your GTG.
Are you like a backpack sales rep or something? Take the profession seriously please. Sure have the backpack but don't throw it over your shoulders at the airport.
Quote: Are you like a backpack sales rep or something? Take the profession seriously please. Sure have the backpack but don't throw it over your shoulders at the airport.
Why wouldn't I throw it over my shoulder when carrying it? It's way easier the just picking it up and carrying it by hand.
Quote: Why wouldn't I throw it over my shoulder when carrying it? It's way easier the just picking it up and carrying it by hand.
my friend there are two ways to ensure people get properly worked up with righteous indignation.

1. Talk about how you like your steak well done in ANY online community.

2. Advocate for backpacks in an online community for airline pilots.
Quote: my friend there are two ways to ensure people get properly worked up with righteous indignation.

1. Talk about how you like your steak well done in ANY online community.

2. Advocate for backpacks in an online community for airline pilots.
I like my steaks rare and I use a backpack that I carry on my shoulder and when it's cold, I wear a black North Face style jacket.
Quote: I like my steaks rare and I use a backpack that I carry on my shoulder and when it's cold, I wear a black North Face style jacket.
Cool story bro
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to