Junior base?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
Just wondering what the most junior base for AirWis is. Thanks.
Quote: Just wondering what the most junior base for AirWis is. Thanks.
Right now we don't know because we are going through our first realignment in a long time. It's not just a vacancy. Closing DCA and seriously decreasing PHL. We don't know how IAD and ORD will shape up. So there's no way to answer you at this time.

Hopefully soon though.
For anyone getting hard right now you probably will never see any of our AA bases, going forward with United you can count on ORD being the junior base for first officers and IAD being a senior base for first officers. This is a WAG based on the proposed size of ORD being bigger than IAD, and the large amount of PHL residents that are going to drive to IAD over a commute to ORD.

CA side is a toss up right now with the majority already commuting.

Details are still vague as to ORF staying open within the UA system. My best guess is that it will become a MX base with no crews like MKE and CAE.
El jefe,

I was just on the AWAC site and read up on the new United deal. Does this mean AWAC will no longer operate for AA at all? Just curious as I would desire to be PHL based. But, like you said, the drive down 95 to IAD isn't bad at all. Thanks for the insight.
American airlines operations are ending in February. No more phl real soon.
Quote: For anyone getting hard right now you probably will never see any of our AA bases, going forward with United you can count on ORD being the junior base for first officers and IAD being a senior base for first officers. This is a WAG based on the proposed size of ORD being bigger than IAD, and the large amount of PHL residents that are going to drive to IAD over a commute to ORD.

CA side is a toss up right now with the majority already commuting.

Details are still vague as to ORF staying open within the UA system. My best guess is that it will become a MX base with no crews like MKE and CAE.
I hope you meant getting HIRED haha.
Quote: El jefe,
I was just on the AWAC site and read up on the new United deal. Does this mean AWAC will no longer operate for AA at all? Just curious as I would desire to be PHL based.
Correct, if you want a PHL base look at Piedmont.
Otterbox,

Yeah. I've heard good things about Piedmont. Thanks for the heads up.
Quote: I hope you meant getting HIRED haha.
I meant what I said.

I know it's only been 2 months since this discussion went cold but any updates? I'm interested in getting some 121 training and experience at a regional and an ORD base is very appealing to me. With the base reshuffle is AW a good bet for a junior FO to get ORD out of training (50/50 right?)?
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to