Surface OS update

Subscribe
Anyone else have issues with the thumb drive for the OS update? My surface won't recognize the D: drive and IT has no clue.

When I plug in the thumb drive a red light flashes on the thumb drive and then goes out.
Quote: Anyone else have issues with the thumb drive for the OS update? My surface won't recognize the D: drive and IT has no clue.

When I plug in the thumb drive a red light flashes on the thumb drive and then goes out.

I had the same problem initially. I left the drive in and did a full reboot of the computer and then the drive woke up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote: Anyone else have issues with the thumb drive for the OS update? My surface won't recognize the D: drive and IT has no clue.

What a problem with your surface..... truly shocking. Anyone else notice that the WIFI no longer works in the plane after we got our neato cases?
Quote: What a problem with your surface..... truly shocking. Anyone else notice that the WIFI no longer works in the plane after we got our neato cases?
Yep. Called IT 3 times in last week.

Try holding down the power button and the volume down button simultaneously for like 6-9 seconds. That should perform the hard reset.

If that doesn't work, take your surface by your dominant hand and toss it like a frisbee. I kid, I kid.
Quote: What a problem with your surface..... truly shocking. Anyone else notice that the WIFI no longer works in the plane after we got our neato cases?
You are very perceptive, grasshopper. It took the fourth floor nearly a month to discover that there is a structural metal piece in the case that perfectly blocks the Surface internal wifi antenna. No fix is pending, cuz it is irrelevant that the Surface can't use airplane wifi if we aren't using Surfaces in the airplane at the end of the year. Oops, did I type that out loud?