Sept classes

Subscribe
6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 10 of 11
Go to
Quote: Got two questions for the current UPS drivers in here. I start next month, and am curious what aircraft/base is best for being home as much as possible? I will be moving to my base as we do not have a home in the USA anymore.

Second, if I do international flying(probably contradicts above?). One of the things I really like to do at my current gig is bring home food from the various countries. Thailand Curry, New Zealand Lamb, Japanese Fish. We eat really well here, and I'm lucky as there are little to no rules here about what I can bring back. Is this possible at UPS? How are the customs when you arrive? Is it typical US B.S.? Am I gonna have to forget about this?
For your first question, I'm in my first year on the bus holding reserve living in domicile. Last month I was home 24 days out of 30, this month expecting 20 or 21 days home. YMMV but that's what I've been tracking. Couldn't be happier, good luck!
Quote: For your first question, I'm in my first year on the bus holding reserve living in domicile. Last month I was home 24 days out of 30, this month expecting 20 or 21 days home. YMMV but that's what I've been tracking. Couldn't be happier, good luck!
Ditto, I would think your best bet is SDF domestic. Even when you get called out it is often out and back. I guess a lot would depend on how you play the reserve game WRT preferencing.
Quote: Ditto, I would think your best bet is SDF domestic. Even when you get called out it is often out and back. I guess a lot would depend on how you play the reserve game WRT preferencing.
A potbelly would depend how he uses his BV days!
Quote: Got two questions for the current UPS drivers in here. I start next month, and am curious what aircraft/base is best for being home as much as possible? I will be moving to my base as we do not have a home in the USA anymore.
What is your start date?
Quote: A potbelly would depend how he uses his BV days!
Hahahahahahahahahaha...good1
Quote: For your first question, I'm in my first year on the bus holding reserve living in domicile. Last month I was home 24 days out of 30, this month expecting 20 or 21 days home. YMMV but that's what I've been tracking. Couldn't be happier, good luck!
I'm new too, in my 11th year, on the MD in SDF on RSVB. This month I will be gone a full week, and that's with a week of sick, out of 2 weeks on call !?

Don't worry, I didn't call SIK when I moved to the top of the RADAR list.

I wouldn't expect 20-21 days at home to be the standard. YMMV

hahaha... couldn't believe the dude had an issue with someone using his/her contractual BV days?! I guess we're all supposed to be asking his permission first? ...
BTW, forget about bringing any booze back to go with your New Zealand lamb.

Second, if I do international flying(probably contradicts above?). One of the things I really like to do at my current gig is bring home food from the various countries. Thailand Curry, New Zealand Lamb, Japanese Fish. We eat really well here, and I'm lucky as there are little to no rules here about what I can bring back. Is this possible at UPS? How are the customs when you arrive? Is it typical US B.S.? Am I gonna have to forget about this?
If you want to fly international, ANC (747/MD-11) will check that box. Can't speak for the being home part. Seems a lot of pilots are gone more than they want to be, or should I say, more than they are accustomed, compared to the past few years.

The gubermint does still frown upon entering the country with foreign produce and/or animal products. Roll the dice if you want, but I wouldn't.

Welcome aboard.

RB
6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 10 of 11
Go to