CNN: Staggering pilot shortage in US

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: There's is no pilot shortage.
There wasn't. There is now. There's a shortage caused by years of low wages. 91/91k/135's are struggling to fill classes of low time pilots. The regionals are scraping the bottom of the barrel for applicants even with 65,000 first year pay. The pool of qualified candidates is gone and **** is going to hit the fan when the majors start retiring 60% of their workforce in the next ten years. The pipeline is so empty right now it's going to take years to correct (which is a good thing if you're a pilot).
Quote: Promoting Aviation .
https://youtu.be/h0ODsXD4mbA
https://youtu.be/9OwFeYlY9GU

Was this filmed in Dirkdirkistan?
Quote: There wasn't. There is now. There's a shortage caused by years of low wages. 91/91k/135's are struggling to fill classes of low time pilots. The regionals are scraping the bottom of the barrel for applicants even with 65,000 first year pay. The pool of qualified candidates is gone and **** is going to hit the fan when the majors start retiring 60% of their workforce in the next ten years. The pipeline is so empty right now it's going to take years to correct (which is a good thing if you're a pilot).
I believed there was a shortage at the regional level, then Envoy ran 4 new hire classes in July at 25 a pop. 100 a month isn't a shortage.
Quote: There wasn't. There is now. There's a shortage caused by years of low wages. 91/91k/135's are struggling to fill classes of low time pilots. The regionals are scraping the bottom of the barrel for applicants even with 65,000 first year pay. The pool of qualified candidates is gone and **** is going to hit the fan when the majors start retiring 60% of their workforce in the next ten years. The pipeline is so empty right now it's going to take years to correct (which is a good thing if you're a pilot).
Regional classes have been running just fine. They even turn down applicants.

It's fake news sponsored by management looking to repeal the 1500 rule and to make sure they still have cheap warm bodies to fly the feed.
Quote: I believed there was a shortage at the regional level, then Envoy ran 4 new hire classes in July at 25 a pop. 100 a month isn't a shortage.
Not trying to make a point, just honestly curious...How many of those hundred lateral movers from previous 121?
Quote: The pipeline is so empty right now it's going to take years to correct (which is a good thing if you're a pilot).
And it could also be the impetus to hasten the move to automation too.
Quote: And it could also be the impetus to hasten the move to automation too.

Exactly. I think that's a great point that people are overlooking. It seems possible that a severe shortage of new pilots could have unforeseen or unanticipated consequences for the pilot career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every "OMG Pilot Shortage!" article is the same. Tldr; Horizon cnxd so many flights, low pay for decades, Colgan crash, ATP rule, something about unions, slightly better pay now, no solutions discussed, copy paste for the next article.
Quote: Not trying to make a point, just honestly curious...How many of those hundred lateral movers from previous 121?
You make a good point. I don't have the answer though.
Quote: CNN: Staggering RJ surplus in US
Last correction.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to