New to Corporate Flying

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Quote: Ok I'm not understanding something.
SIC straining required under the FAR's for part 91 is woefully inadequate in my opinion. Basic systems, couple of landings and that's it.
Let me rephrase; are they ( eventually) willing to send you to training for a PIC type ?
Yes, you do get the formal training for the PIC type. I believe they use flight safey
Quote: They have CJ1,2, and 3+, and then a brand new king air 250. Those are just the starting aircraft they give to build experience in jets before moving on to the bigger equipment.
Good luck with that brand new king air 250
Quote: Good luck with that brand new king air 250
Honestly, if I had the choice of which aircraft i could start first i would love to do the KA. of course none of those decisions are up to me and I have to be "officially" offered the position
poop in the FBO, not in the jet.
Quote: Thank you ! I will definitely look into it. All of my training will be in house.
So which one is it now?
In house SIC training or out house at Flight Safety?

I suspect we have a confusion with terminology here.
In house should be Indoc training, how the company is run and who is who and who is responsible for what and Ops Specs and GOM and stuff.
The rest is done by a training provider like Flights safety with systems trainings and simulator flying and your type rating.
Quote: So which one is it now?
In house SIC training or out house at Flight Safety?

I suspect we have a confusion with terminology here.
In house should be Indoc training, how the company is run and who is who and who is responsible for what and Ops Specs and GOM and stuff.
The rest is done by a training provider like Flights safety with systems trainings and simulator flying and your type rating.
SIC training is all done in house. I believe they send you to Flight Safety or some other school for your PIC type rating.
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to