Living in San Diego

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone can give me insight on the following:
Which regionals would you recommend if I wanted to live in San Diego? Which ones have the easiest commute from here and to which cities?
I know SKW will be opening hub in SAN but dont know how likely it would be to get it right out of training.
How are the commutes from SAN to LAX, SFO, DEN, DFW?

Thank you for your input.
Quote: Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone can give me insight on the following:
Which regionals would you recommend if I wanted to live in San Diego? Which ones have the easiest commute from here and to which cities?
I know SKW will be opening hub in SAN but dont know how likely it would be to get it right out of training.
How are the commutes from SAN to LAX, SFO, DEN, DFW?

Thank you for your input.
SAN is open. Pretty junior on the FO side. You could likely hold it soon after finishing training.
Quote: SAN is open. Pretty junior on the FO side. You could likely hold it soon after finishing training.
Thanks for the response. If SKW does not work out, what is a good commute from SAN?
Quote: Thanks for the response. If SKW does not work out, what is a good commute from SAN?
PHX, SFO, LAX(drive), SLC, DEN, or anywhere within 1000 miles that SWA or AS has at least three daily non-stops.
Living in San Diego
I wouldn't try for SFO, other than that I really like rickair7777's list.

The only reason being that SFO has serious delay issues when there is bad weather. I drive in, which is bad enough considering traffic but I thank my lucky stars that I'm not one the crew in the lounge complaining about their commute when "flow" to SFO starts. My last time getting called in on reserve the FO was delayed due to flow, it happens whenever there is fog or runway construction. Both of which are happening right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: I wouldn't try for SFO, other than that I really like rickair7777's list.

The only reason being that SFO has serious delay issues when there is bad weather. I drive in, which is bad enough considering traffic but I thank my lucky stars that I'm not one the crew in the lounge complaining about their commute when "flow" to SFO starts. My last time getting called in on reserve the FO was delayed due to flow, it happens whenever there is fog or runway construction. Both of which are happening right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True, it could get rough. But you have OAK and SJC, with trains to SFO in a pinch.

Hint: Very early am flights don't get flow, due to low arrival demand.
Quote: SAN is open. Pretty junior on the FO side. You could likely hold it soon after finishing training.
How accurate is this statement for someone being hired right now?
Quote: How accurate is this statement for someone being hired right now?
The junior SAN ERJ FO is an August new hire, still in training. With 15 additional aircraft coming in the next 15 months SAN will likely grow.
I wish I was a weather man in San Diego.

"Tomorrow it will be....nice."
"And now over to Jerry with sports."

"Thanks Dave! The Padres suck, and the Chargers left!
Let's send it back to the news desk with Bruce and Gloria."
Man I wish I could wave a magic wand and have my 1500 hours tomorrow. San Diego is my dream city and Skywest is my #1 choice for a regional

Hopefully it will still be possible to get both in a couple years
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to