Logbook / Doc check question

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: They want to see 6 month, 12 month, 2 year, 3 year and 5 year totals. I printed up some summaries from my eLog and they were happy with that. Also be ready for some TMAAT and why SWA questions during your logbook review.
What kind of summaries did you print? Do they tell you (PIC, Turbine etc.)?
Quote: What kind of summaries did you print? Do they tell you (PIC, Turbine etc.)?
All they really want is your total time for each of those timeframes. And all your totals need to match. I use logten pro and just printed up the “summary by month” option on my Mac.
Logbook totals
The totals on my resume and pilot credentials were off by 87 hours. The reason for the difference was my "dual received" time. When I was training for my ppl and multi engine I was neither PIC or SIC, I was a student under instruction.

Should I just list these hours in the SIC column?

I apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere.

Thanks.
Quote: The totals on my resume and pilot credentials were off by 87 hours. The reason for the difference was my "dual received" time. When I was training for my ppl and multi engine I was neither PIC or SIC, I was a student under instruction.

Should I just list these hours in the SIC column?

I apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere.

Thanks.
Yes, log it in SIC column and note it in the aircraft type section. I listed the aircraft flown and then put "dual received logged in SIC column"
Quote: Yes, log it in SIC column and note it in the aircraft type section. I listed the aircraft flown and then put "dual received logged in SIC column"
Excellent. Thank you.
Instructor Time
If you're a line check airman, would you log the time you spend with a new hire on IOE as "instructor hours" or is that just referring to the time you spent teaching lazy 8's in a Cessna, or instructing in a simulator?
I would log it as PIC only.
Question about what they want to see in your logbook as far as turbine PIC. I understand that they do not count "sole manipulator" time as PIC time, even if you are PIC typed and rated. My question is, what if your first few hundred hours of TPIC are sole manipulator time in a two crew required airplane, and then the rest is actual PIC time after an upgrade. How do they view that? And would they want to see that differentiated somehow?
Quote: Question about what they want to see in your logbook as far as turbine PIC. I understand that they do not count "sole manipulator" time as PIC time, even if you are PIC typed and rated. My question is, what if your first few hundred hours of TPIC are sole manipulator time in a two crew required airplane, and then the rest is actual PIC time after an upgrade. How do they view that? And would they want to see that differentiated somehow?

The first few hundred of sole manipulator would be listed as SIC.
Quote: The first few hundred of sole manipulator would be listed as SIC.
How do you think they would like to see that fixed in the logbook if its been recorded as PIC and TPIC? Obviously it would have to be subtracted from the PIC column and added to the SIC column.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to