3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  23 
Page 13 of 54
Go to
Quote: Average guy being hired 8000 TT or military
Wow.

Filler
Quote: Wow.

Filler
Might as well apply to the big D or any major with those times.
Quote: Might as well apply to the big D or any major with those times.
Not everyone qualifies for or necessarily wants those jobs. Whether these people stay or not remains to be seen. But for the time being attrition has halted.
They added another week of interviews in August. I received a call yesterday asking if I preferred any of the new dates. I was asked not to call back about confirmations because they are swamped. They also mentioned it would take a few weeks for them to send confirmation emails out to everyone.

Good luck to all those applying and interviewing.
Quote: Might as well apply to the big D or any major with those times.
And your app will sit there with the other 16,000 waiting/hoping for a call....

It does prove the point. It’s not a pilot shortage, it’s a pay shortage. Everyplace paying decent wages has no trouble getting pilots.

The average total time will drop as the “shortage” worsens....
So why would omni call me for an interview if I only have 2,700 hours? Is there any point in me showing up then in August for an interview?
Quote: So why would omni call me for an interview if I only have 2,700 hours? Is there any point in me showing up then in August for an interview?
If they called you, they saw something they liked. They don't interview people they wouldn't hire. If you got the call, it's yours to lose. It's only an average of 8000 TT. Some have more, others less. Don't get hung up on it; go to the interview. Internal recommendations help as well.
Quote: Wow.

Filler
That actually came out wrong. 8000TT is the average of guys being hired. Some have much more, others much less. Just apply, and if you know anybody... an internal helps a lot.
Quote: If they called you, they saw something they liked. They don't interview people they wouldn't hire. If you got the call, it's yours to lose. It's only an average of 8000 TT. Some have more, others less. Don't get hung up on it; go to the interview. Internal recommendations help as well.
Thanks for clearing it up! I don’t have a bachelors. I wonder if that will be an issue? I do know someone who works there. He couldn’t fill out the recommendation since I already applied. But he told me to let them know during the HR portion. Hoping to get hired on. Home basing is a beautiful thing.
Quote: Thanks for clearing it up! I don’t have a bachelors.
Lol... no, that is not an issue. We fly airplanes, not desks.
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  23 
Page 13 of 54
Go to