Medical insurance at Mesa

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to
Quote: I was considering Envoy myself. However, they are no longer awarding DFW to new hires from what I am reading on the Envoy boards. So now Mesa is my new choice. Why Mesa, well only because I live in Houston and will be on my spouse’s insurance. I could easily be hired by any regional, I had several recruiters call me for interviews. So no, I’m not going with Mesa because no other regional will take me. We are free to choose the regional we want based on certain circumstance. I will deal with whatever I face at the time. If things don’t work with Mesa, I will move on. Again, I am going with Mesa based clearly on the the fact that I will be home based. Nothing else!
It shouldn’t be a tough decision. Your quality of life will be better because you will be home based.
Health insurance costs have skyrocketed. For someone looking for family coverage I think the lowest premiums around are around $400-500 and PPO's are considerably higher ($800-900). It's not just MESA but other regionals as well.

I honestly can't figure out how someone with a family can work at MESA as an F/O unless they have other health coverage based on what I have been reading.
Quote: Health insurance costs have skyrocketed. For someone looking for family coverage I think the lowest premiums around are around $400-500 and PPO's are considerably higher ($800-900). It's not just MESA but other regionals as well.

I honestly can't figure out how someone with a family can work at MESA as an F/O unless they have other health coverage based on what I have been reading.
Some (nearly all) of the other regionals have better family coverage.
Google UMR. It's a 1 star insurance company and it seems very few providers accept it.
Quote: Google UMR. It's a 1 star insurance company and it seems very few providers accept it.
Post a link. All I find is UMR, a subsidiary of United Healthcare. The same subsidiary used by nearly all the majors use for their health insurance.
Quote: Health insurance costs have skyrocketed. For someone looking for family coverage I think the lowest premiums around are around $400-500 and PPO's are considerably higher ($800-900). It's not just MESA but other regionals as well.

For comparison I have ppo (me/wife/kid) and my cost $350/month.
Can anyone PM the actual medical/dental/vision rates from your benefits package please? Thanks in Advance.
Quote: Can anyone PM the actual medical/dental/vision rates from your benefits package please? Thanks in Advance.
Or you could just look back a page where I posted the actual numbers.
Quote: Or you could just look back a page where I posted the actual numbers.
Sorry, Sennant. That is an awful set of medical benefits. I can get the same or better on the Exchange. Wow, seems like the next time the pilot group is negotiating, maybe they shouldn’t overlook that part of the deal?
Bummer! Thanks for the help.
Negotiators ignored it to get better pay rates. We’ve been at these rates for the past few years and that’s before prices on the exchange almost doubled.

We have a lot of second career small business owner FOs. So obviously those guys don’t care about expensive insurance.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to