Damn!! Emirates A380 Crosswind Landing...

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to
Quote: OK, I am a dinosaur, but phooey on any airplane which gives me the control responses which a nerd in Toulouse has deemed to be in my best interests, instead of the ones I ordered.
So you never use autobrakes?
Quote: So you never use autobrakes?
When did wheel brakes become flight controls?
On 10-17-2017 at 9:12AM. Says it right there.
Quote: When did wheel brakes become flight controls?
I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but the brakes are totally a flight control. Not every plane is a tricycle with a steerable nosewheel, and differential brakes have given me the yaw authority to keep me and the student on the runway many times.
Quote: When did wheel brakes become flight controls?
On landing?
Quote: On landing?
And obviously that has NOTHING to do with the blended flight control mode on an Airbus.
Quote: I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but the brakes are totally a flight control. Not every plane is a tricycle with a steerable nosewheel, and differential brakes have given me the yaw authority to keep me and the student on the runway many times.
And you're talking to a guy with thousands of hours of tailwheel time who currently flys competition aerobatics in some pretty snappy conventional geared hot rods.

That being said auto brakes provide a deceleration rate that if they are not doing and adequate job you can manually override them at any time. Which is not the case with the blended flight control mode on an Airbus. Just saying.
Quote: And obviously that has NOTHING to do with the blended flight control mode on an Airbus.
Correct.

But I think you might have just given "some nerd in Toulouse" a new idea...
Quote: I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but the brakes are totally a flight control. Not every plane is a tricycle with a steerable nosewheel, and differential brakes have given me the yaw authority to keep me and the student on the runway many times.
Technically wheel brakes are not primary or secondary flight controls.
Quote: I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but the brakes are totally a flight control.
No, they're totally not.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to