Inter-island jumpseating in Hawaii: tips?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Thanks folks! Much appreciated...
Well seeing as Island Air got their planes repossesed I think HA will be your first choice.

Quote: Perhaps some Krispy Kreme donuts could have paid for your passage......
Yeah all those girls need is more carbs
Island Air might have ceased operations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like Island Air shut down.
Quote: Island Air might have ceased operations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Island Air says it has 'exhausted all options,' will shut down
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/36809873/island-air-tells-employees-it-will-halt-service-friday
Well that's less than awesome. I almost bought a ticket on them today for the wifey! Hawaiian it is, then...
Hey guys, how about listing for JS from KOA back to the mainland? At the gate, phone call, or ticket counter landslide? Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Quote: Hey guys, how about listing for JS from KOA back to the mainland? At the gate, phone call, or ticket counter landslide? Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
KOA on HAL you must go to the ticket counter to list.
I made this mistake, and it took a lot of nice talking in order to get listed at the gate.
Give yourself significant time to wait in line with the other pax at the ticket counter. Keep in mind, there are a lot of checked luggage and zero kiosks...so there are many people waiting in line at the ticket counter.

Once on board, the HAL pilots are very accommodating.
Enjoy.
Phone ahead to reservations and make a "nonrev" listing (don't say "jumpseat," it confuses them.)

Take that confirmation number to the ticket counter in KOA and they'll give you a seat request card.

Get to the airport early-ish. KOA can be a bit slow getting through security etc... The HA staff are great, though!

When in doubt, bring food to bribe the appropriate folks.
Quote: Phone ahead to reservations and make a "nonrev" listing (don't say "jumpseat," it confuses them.)

Take that confirmation number to the ticket counter in KOA and they'll give you a seat request card.

Get to the airport early-ish. KOA can be a bit slow getting through security etc... The HA staff are great, though!

When in doubt, bring food to bribe the appropriate folks.
Gave that a shot, but a comfort dog ate my fried Spam.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to