Pre-employment Background Check for Regionals

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Thanks, Rick. Sounds like you might know a thing or two
Oh yeah, the rules for 91 employers also apply to flight schools where you worked (61 and 141).

PRIA is not applicable to a school you only trained at, although checkride failures will be in your FAA record.
Define "social media" background check?

Are some of us REALLY going to be passed over because of "controversial" FB posts that are perfectly legal, have nothing to do with drugs or alcohol, but might be offensive to certain people?

Seriously??

Sure, I got no beef with FBI checks, NDR, etc, but my FB page.......Just because I made a political post that someone might not like?
There are things they can’t discriminate for-race, religion, national origin, age, sex; but the rest is fair game.

GF
Quote: Define "social media" background check?

Are some of us REALLY going to be passed over because of "controversial" FB posts that are perfectly legal, have nothing to do with drugs or alcohol, but might be offensive to certain people?

Seriously??

Sure, I got no beef with FBI checks, NDR, etc, but my FB page.......Just because I made a political post that someone might not like?
They can and they do. Those goes for pretty much any job out there, especially those under the scrutiny of the public eye. Probably not for a political post, but that picture you posted of you T-Bagging your friend when he was passed out drunk won't do you any favors.

Seriously??

Yes. 1st amendment does not apply to private parties, only the government.

But the airlines and most employers aren't concerned about garden variety politics, they don't want to see outrageous or controversial stuff. They're not looking for edgy people. Or offensive people. Or people with poor judgement.

Yes, people will be blacklisted because their youthful hijinks are permanently enshrined on social media. Isn't tech wonderful?
Quote: Oh yeah, the rules for 91 employers also apply to flight schools where you worked (61 and 141).

PRIA is not applicable to a school you only trained at, although checkride failures will be in your FAA record.
Except if you trained at 141 in house program. Checkride failures won't be on your FAA report.

Seriously??

Yep.

Social media post from the past complaining about the company in question is a sure fire way to get a TBNT if they see it... something to think about next time you complain about delayed flights or bags being lost etc.

Politics maybe not, but inflammatory remarks publicly about certain customer demographics maybe. Certain airlines have priority special interest groups that they spend big $ to support publicly and others are in hot water with certain groups and working to better their image. Hiring folks with the potential to derail the companies public image creates a liability that is beyond HR comfort levels.
Quote: Except if you trained at 141 in house program. Checkride failures won't be on your FAA report.

I thought the FAA fixed? Anything in IACRA was reportable?
Quote: I thought the FAA fixed? Anything in IACRA was reportable?
Nope, but might have changed since colgan. But zero reports on my FAA record from my 141 days.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to