Spirit Training

Subscribe
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  32 
Page 22 of 39
Go to
Quote: Are the pink slips still flowing at Spirit? Any word on a improvement of training pass rate?
My whole class passed without an issue at any step. The class in front of us had the whole class pass without any issue at any step. The class behind us had one guy botch up his oral for something stupid. If you show up and do what you're told you'll pass. It isn't hard. Shut up and color and you'll make it through.
[emoji115]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: I’ve heard there’s a test at the very beginning of training.. anyone done it?

no test anymore but for your own sake have it down cold
Quote: Are the pink slips still flowing at Spirit? Any word on a improvement of training pass rate?
The examiners I've met are all very nice and really want you to do well. Heck they will even help you during your type if it's something minor. I think the latest number I heard on pass rate was around 98.6% or something. The training is intense and pretty fast paced but it is certainly doable if you have the right attitude.
The course schedule has been spread out a little with the week break built in which has definitely helped things.
Talking to current line pilots it sounds like they vastly improved the training program. I thought it was easy. I particularly like how they do cockpit systems integration (CSI). There are 8 and each is a full gate to gate flight, so you get really proficient with the flows and the flow of a flight. Then during the CSI the instructor will throw things at you to illustrate the functioning of the systems and the ECAM philosophy. Then in FTD you perfect this and approaches. In sims you truly learn to fly the plane and do a lot of hand flying. The instructors are all very positive and eager to teach. It's become a fine training program. I came from a regional with a really good training program and I think Spirit's is maybe even better. I came out feeling like I knew the Airbus well and OE was fun.
Quote: Talking to current line pilots it sounds like they vastly improved the training program. I thought it was easy. I particularly like how they do cockpit systems integration (CSI). There are 8 and each is a full gate to gate flight, so you get really proficient with the flows and the flow of a flight. Then during the CSI the instructor will throw things at you to illustrate the functioning of the systems and the ECAM philosophy. Then in FTD you perfect this and approaches. In sims you truly learn to fly the plane and do a lot of hand flying. The instructors are all very positive and eager to teach. It's become a fine training program. I came from a regional with a really good training program and I think Spirit's is maybe even better. I came out feeling like I knew the Airbus well and OE was fun.
how things change
Quote: how things change
If by things you mean newhires, you are correct.
Quote: My whole class passed without an issue at any step. The class in front of us had the whole class pass without any issue at any step. The class behind us had one guy botch up his oral for something stupid. If you show up and do what you're told you'll pass. It isn't hard. Shut up and color within the lines and you'll make it through.
FTFY...................
Quote: no test anymore but for your own sake have it down cold
how far in advance to class date do they give you that info, or do they? Is there a “pre packet”? Or do I need to source it myself, should I get the call? In 2012 at XJT, they didn’t want you having that info until after Indoc but most of us found a way to get it
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  32 
Page 22 of 39
Go to