RAH not looking so good

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
A couple months ago, I was dead set on going to Republic.. not so sure any more. All the talks of skipping seniority, junior manning, and contract disputes make RAH sound like not such a great place to be.

So I'm looking for some input from current RAH employees. Is RAH a good place to be or just another airline headed to the bottom?

On a side note, XJT is looking better and better every day. If only XJT had an easily commutable base . IAH is a tough commute, EWR is constantly delayed, and CLE lines suck.
I was told that they will currently have 1/4 of their pilot group in training and the airline doesn't have the personel to move them up properly. Taking the RJ fo and making him a 170 capt is only one person. However going from RJ fo to RJ capt and 170 FO to 170 Capt is two people. While it sucks for those that are there the company is hiring like mad for a reason.
NO JUNIOR MANNING at RAH.
I do like working here, but of course there are downsides. The schedules could be more efficient. The pay could be better, but one can say that about any regional. Also, we don't have junior manning.

You have to remember that we are entering contract negotiations, and that management has hired a big gun union buster. I fully (as does my wife who has insider management information) believe that these things you have heard are the company's attempts to divide and conquer us. I also think that they have underestimated how resolved this has made our pilot group. Demand for pilot's is up, I suspect we will announce additional flying in the coming months, and we are in a good place to come out with an industry leading contract.
Being at Colgan now, I'm really not looking to go to an airline with such staffing problems.. I get enough extracurricular work here that I don't want to go somewhere else and do the same
Also, I've heard that if you bypass the first class date they offer for one at a different certificate they may not call you back. Any truth to that?

Say you are offered the CRJ, but want the 170
*base preference, not big shiny preference
Quote: and we are in a good place to come out with an industry leading contract.
Good gracious, don't we all hope so.

Hopefully we at AWAC will have the 2001 contract back by mid-year and that'll be the "bar" from which everybody will negotiate from.
Quote: Also, I've heard that if you bypass the first class date they offer for one at a different certificate they may not call you back. Any truth to that?

Say you are offered the CRJ, but want the 170
*base preference, not big shiny preference
Everyone in my group was hired for ERJ. I called to see if I could get CRJ and she said that it wouldn't be too hard to get me moved once I get the ball rolling.
Quote: Hopefully we at AWAC will have the 2001 contract back by mid-year and that'll be the "bar" from which everybody will negotiate from.
I certainly hope so!
Quote: Good gracious, don't we all hope so.

Hopefully we at AWAC will have the 2001 contract back by mid-year and that'll be the "bar" from which everybody will negotiate from.
If you guys would start hiring I would hop out of this left seat and be there in a heartbeat.

Any news whatsoever?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to