New Hire Without ATP

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Hey y’all,

I have a buddy who just came over from a regional and was hired a month or two ago. I have been flying in the corporate world for 8 or so years and finally am making the move to the airlines. He said, “Dude, skip the regionals and apply here!” I have all of the required minimums except an ATP rating.

Commercial:
2990 TT
1300 MultiPIC Turbine/Jet

Apparently there is at least one person in a training class without an ATP. I would love to work with Spirit, but I don’t know if I’m crazy thinking they’ll hire me and get me an ATP rating while I’m in training. Has anyone else seen Spirit hire a pilot without an ATP?
Your type ride is an ATP ride. That’s how I got mine. If you have the written and the time, I don’t see why they wouldn’t do it
I’m pretty sure the requirements are having an ATP. Not saying there haven’t been exceptions but I wouldn’t expect a call without one. One would think the applications have gotten more competitive with the contract being ratified.
What jet have you been flying that didn’t have a type ride? Sounds like the time to get your ATP
Please see 61.156
Quote: Your type ride is an ATP ride. That’s how I got mine. If you have the written and the time, I don’t see why they wouldn’t do it
I do not have the CTP course or written test completed yet.
Quote: What jet have you been flying that didn’t have a type ride? Sounds like the time to get your ATP
CE-525
Citation CJ3. It was for a Part 91 customer.
Quote: I do not have the CTP course or written test completed yet.
Well you officially have Zero chance without that. Go get your ATP and apply after or go to a regional to get one.
Quote: Hey y’all,

I have a buddy who just came over from a regional and was hired a month or two ago. I have been flying in the corporate world for 8 or so years and finally am making the move to the airlines. He said, “Dude, skip the regionals and apply here!” I have all of the required minimums except an ATP rating.

Commercial:
2990 TT
1300 MultiPIC Turbine/Jet

Apparently there is at least one person in a training class without an ATP. I would love to work with Spirit, but I don’t know if I’m crazy thinking they’ll hire me and get me an ATP rating while I’m in training. Has anyone else seen Spirit hire a pilot without an ATP?
The regionals will pay for your ATP.
Go to a regional and get it for free. The other option is pay for the ATP course through Flight Safety or wherever, before your next citation recurrent.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to