US Customs & Border Patrol Pilots

Subscribe
34  74  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88 
Page 84 of 92
Go to
Quote: At this point, there is no age restriction with regard to veterans. So a guy that is 40+ years old can get hired at CBP. The problem is that in order to get the 6C pension you have to do 20 years of 6C (not including any military buy-back that you may do). So a vet that gets in at 45 years old still has to theoretically do 20 years as a federal agent, which makes him 65 when he retires. This bridge has yet to be crossed as the vet waiver is a recent change. I think a change will come to this sooner than later. All of the other agencies such as FBI, DEA, etc, still have a mandatory retirement age of 57, and a max hiring age of 37... Understandably, I don't see the benefit in having a 60+ year old running around with a badge and gun...
The FBI is publicly advertising waivers. The DEA isn't. Some of the other TLAs (Three letter agencies) are saying yes, others, specifically are not. I think they all are trying to adjust to the latest legal opinions. As far as the badge and gun, it all depends on who that person is. I've seen 70YOs that look 50 and 50 YOs that look 70. Like everything, legitimate standards applied equally across the board are the way to go.
Interview calls went out today... I'm afraid to think I would have got an earlier interview had I answered the "Unlisted" number.
Quote: Interview calls went out today... I'm afraid to think I would have got an earlier interview had I answered the "Unlisted" number.
Do you mind saying for which job and what NOR you scored? I have a 95 for the instructor pilot position but haven't heard one way or the other.
Dual Rated Air Interdiction Agent... NOR of 99 w/5 point preference.
Thread revival!

Did anyone apply to the last Vacancy? I am fixed wing only with a NOR of 103. Has anyone heard any further news? I have not received any calls or notices yet.
Quote: Thread revival!

Did anyone apply to the last Vacancy? I am fixed wing only with a NOR of 103. Has anyone heard any further news? I have not received any calls or notices yet.
From what I remember of my peers applying and getting hired - 103 was a pretty good number for a single qual'ed guy. Congrats.
I didn't see that last announcement. Was it recent?

What is your background and where would you hope to go if selected?
I'm an all C-130 guy. I have 2,000 hours and 1100 Turbine PIC. I put Houston as my desired base, but I'd like to migrate to the Jax base (either one).

I applied under the AIA vacancy that closed back in December. https://my.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/332215500

I'm in the job hunt phase and I'm targeting gov flying jobs flying jobs right now (namely CBP and FAA).
Quote: I'm an all C-130 guy. I have 2,000 hours and 1100 Turbine PIC. I put Houston as my desired base, but I'd like to migrate to the Jax base (either one).

I applied under the AIA vacancy that closed back in December. https://my.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/332215500

I'm in the job hunt phase and I'm targeting gov flying jobs flying jobs right now (namely CBP and FAA).
Well good luck!
I think this would be the best job out there - job satisfaction wise of course
Update the thread with news as you get it if you would. It owuld be nice to get some current information flowing here.
Btw - I'm told there is a very active CBP thread over at the *other* aviation forum too (hint - has a bunch of army guys in it).
Anybody still in the pre-employment process? I have not heard anthing since my poly just over 2 months ago.
Try asking over on aptap.org lots more CBP hopefuls over there...good luck!
34  74  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88 
Page 84 of 92
Go to