CRJ training timeline

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
How long does it take to get to IOE if you start at Mesa with an ATP?
I started in Aug, finished IOE in Nov.
Thank you!
stupid question I'm sure, but what is an IOE?
Quote: stupid question I'm sure, but what is an IOE?
Initial operating experience. Your first time outside the sim, flying the jet with passengers in the back. You fly with a check airman/instructor who is basically flying single pilot to get you used to the airplane and line flying. It’s the final step before you're officially a line qualified pilot for the airline.
Quote: Initial operating experience. Your first time outside the sim, flying the jet with passengers in the back. You fly with a check airman/instructor who is basically flying single pilot to get you used to the airplane and line flying. It’s the final step before you're officially a line qualified pilot for the airline.
Yeah, the first time you land the airplane for real is with an airliner full of paying passengers.... let that sink in and then go take your family on vacation using a regional airline.

I only know of two times where there has been bent metal. Both times were IOE flights.
Quote: Yeah, the first time you land the airplane for real is with an airliner full of paying passengers.... let that sink in and then go take your family on vacation using a regional airline.

I only know of two times where there has been bent metal. Both times were IOE flights.
Literally every airline does it this way, not just regionals. There have been several bend-the-gear level hard landing incidents, and a wing strike that wasn’t with pilots on OE. Don’t spread bad info just to hear yourself talk.
Quote: Literally every airline does it this way, not just regionals. There have been several bend-the-gear level hard landing incidents, and a wing strike that wasn’t with pilots on OE. Don’t spread bad info just to hear yourself talk.
I am just talking about the bent metal that I am personally aware of. Normally, if you are a major airline pilot, you have some serious experience. Regionals is where the 172 CFI gets his first jet experience. And, his first flight is with a jet full of passengers.

I have seen the pictures of the bent metal in HRL, but I am not personally aware of the circumstances. So, this is about my personal experience. You have a different set of experiences.

Or, does Delta hire 172 CFI’s straight off the street?
FAPA
Does anyone have any info on or has been to a FAPA job fair? There is one coming up in May in D.C. Is it worth the time and money to go? Mesa and other airlines that I've narrowed down will be attending there.
Quote: Does anyone have any info on or has been to a FAPA job fair? There is one coming up in May in D.C. Is it worth the time and money to go? Mesa and other airlines that I've narrowed down will be attending there.
Just don’t give out your cell phone number or you will be hounded. The job fairs are a chance to ask questions and having all your perspective employers in one room has value. You might also run into a regional that wasn’t on your radar.

I am not sure it is worth any outlay of $’s. You will get job offers once you are ready.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to