Where will the displaced 88 folks go?

Subscribe
8  14  15  16  17  18 
Page 18 of 18
Go to
Quote: Not likely. They plan one more round of 350 bids in the fall.
What isn't likely? No 350B vacancies were posted. If 10 B777 FOs displace to the 350, I'm pretty sure those bottom 350 pilots get bumped out with the chance to avail themselves of 22.F.12 (if the company posts a vacancy with the requisite time).
Quote: What isn't likely? No 350B vacancies were posted. If 10 B777 FOs displace to the 350, I'm pretty sure those bottom 350 pilots get bumped out with the chance to avail themselves of 22.F.12 (if the company posts a vacancy with the requisite time).
My understanding is the company is not required to force secondary displacements, they can simply carry a surplus in the category, especially if they plan to expand it anyway.
Quote: My understanding is the company is not required to force secondary displacements, they can simply carry a surplus in the category, especially if they plan to expand it anyway.
Probably...just not sure where that is written in the PWA. They need 35 or so more 350 FOs to fulfill that category's planned manning and there are 70 or so DTW B777 FOs to be displaced as the category closes. It'll be interesting to see where they all go.
Quote: What isn't likely? No 350B vacancies were posted. If 10 B777 FOs displace to the 350, I'm pretty sure those bottom 350 pilots get bumped out with the chance to avail themselves of 22.F.12 (if the company posts a vacancy with the requisite time).
They can hold them on the aircraft and post fewer bids in the fall.
Quote: They can hold them on the aircraft and post fewer bids in the fall.
I don't disagree but.....where in the PWA does it say they can do so?
If the overage keeps the category in compliance with the minimum staffing formula, isn’t that the end of the road with regard to PWA compliance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: I don't disagree but.....where in the PWA does it say they can do so?
It doesn’t, we have a staffing minimum. We do not have a staffing maximum and why would we want one?
8  14  15  16  17  18 
Page 18 of 18
Go to