Seaplane rating

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Jack Browns is a blast. The most fun flying I've done to date, and I worked at Tropic for 2 years. I loved my time at Tropic, lots of fun flying. It's not all roses, as there's a lot of other duties that come with flying, but overall it was a great experience.

Good luck.
I have an application in with Tropic. Hoping for an interview! If anyone has any insight or suggestions, I would sure appreciate it!
Quote: Jack Browns is a blast. The most fun flying I've done to date, and I worked at Tropic for 2 years. I loved my time at Tropic, lots of fun flying. It's not all roses, as there's a lot of other duties that come with flying, but overall it was a great experience.

Good luck.
Would you mind sending me a PM? I’m close to getting my ASEL and would love to get my ASES and fly there. Instructing really isn’t my thing.
Quote: Would you mind sending me a PM? I’m close to getting my ASEL and would love to get my ASES and fly there. Instructing really isn’t my thing.
You may also want to look into to Shoreline. They are a solid operation. They are most likely looking for FOs for summer season.

https://shorelineaviation.com
Quote: I have an application in with Tropic. Hoping for an interview! If anyone has any insight or suggestions, I would sure appreciate it!
Careful. Tropic makes pilots sign a two year non compete that blankets the entire east coast. Their pay and work rules are ok for Florida, but sub standard in the float industry.
Quote: Careful. Tropic makes pilots sign a two year non compete that blankets the entire east coast. Their pay and work rules are ok for Florida, but sub standard in the float industry.
What are their work rules and pay? I can't seem to get an answer out of anyone on that. I don't want to apply just to find out either, if it isn't doable then I don't want to waste their time, or mine.
Quote: What are their work rules and pay? I can't seem to get an answer out of anyone on that. I don't want to apply just to find out either, if it isn't doable then I don't want to waste their time, or mine.
^^^^THIS^^^^

I was told by a pilot that’s currently with the company that he can’t say what the pay is because HR will tell you during the interview.

I can’t imagine that it’s much for an FO with 250 hours in the right seat of the Caravan. Only thing is, South Florida is expensive. Soooo...
I think it’s $100 + $50 per diem per day for SIC working in the NYC area. PIC in the NY area is either $250 to $300 + $50 per diem.
6 on 1 off schedule. If heard non seasonal pic make less than $70k annually.

Quote: ^^^^THIS^^^^

I was told by a pilot that’s currently with the company that he can’t say what the pay is because HR will tell you during the interview.

I can’t imagine that it’s much for an FO with 250 hours in the right seat of the Caravan. Only thing is, South Florida is expensive. Soooo...
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to