ERJ-170 Hopefuls! Brush Up On Your Inst. X-Check!

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
The 170 flight directors are different from what most are familiar with. Learning how to fly them requires a good basic instrument crosscheck. Be sure to understand the difference between control and performance instruments.

Sounds basic, I know...but we're seeing continued problems in this area. Get as much hand flying time as you can with emphasis on basic airspeed and altitude control.
what type of FD is it?
Quote: what type of FD is it?
There are two FDs in the 170 instrument display.

A dual cue FD used for takeoff and a single cue used for all other flying.

The dual cue is the 'crossbar'.

Here is the single cue:

Compared to other FD types, the single cue is small. It is hard to determine bank angle when only looking at it...consequently, a crosscheck must include other items such as the sky pointer to help maintain a consistent flight attitude.

The magenta colored crossbar and diamond are the FDs.
You've got to love Honeywell.
easy...............if you ask me.......

jeez, seems to me if you need help, just get a copy of flight sim X and play with all of the different airplanes....

my $.02 worth.....

Couldn't agree more, bottom line is that it's just a new version of an old video game.
Quote: Couldn't agree more, bottom line is that it's just a new version of an old video game.
Each to his own...but I've been around for quite a bit longer than any video game...and I have seen the folly of such thinking.
Quote: Couldn't agree more, bottom line is that it's just a new version of an old video game.
of course! express pilots know all! why don't you just listen to shackone, he deals with scores of folks each month(on this aircraft).
Hotmamapilot, who's lady in the avatar? :-)
This looks similar to the options on the A-320. The single cue is what we used while shooting nonprecision approaches. They always call it the bird. I think they both work great. I am not 100% sure if it operates the same but it sure looks the same. The other is pretty standard.
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to