Airbus headset

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
Can anyone tell me if you can use a personal headset in the Airbus like you can on the 756 or the 737 fleet?

Thanks,

LearJet Driver
I used a Telex 750 in the Lear, the A320, and all Boeings.

I got an “Airbus adaptor,” but (at least on United’s jets) it is not needed.
Same headset and jacks work just fine on fifi.
Quote: I used a Telex 750 in the Lear, the A320, and all Boeings.

I got an “Airbus adaptor,” but (at least on United’s jets) it is not needed.
Thanks.... that’s what I needed to know.
What do most guys do? Use an ANR headset and the intercom on the Airbus? Or is it quiet enough where most take the headset off above 180?
Even though I’m currently flying with a guy with an ANR headset, almost nobody does. Most guys that do have them, still don’t use the intercom. That’s my limited experience so far.

I have a DC Pro-X, and I’m almost always one ear on/one off. It’s quiet but I still like having the ANR for longer flights.
Telex Airman ANR 850 Single-sided Headset - from Sporty's Pilot Shop
Bose just announced this one 2 days ago.
https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...set-jet-pilots
I have the 850 and have used it for about 5 years on the 756, 777, and now the Airbus. I am intending to buy and try a David and Clark DC Pro X or S because I have found that the 850 produces ever so slight distortion when compared to the simple ear piece from ops or my old custom molded ear piece. As I get older I find the importance of a clear voice is increasingly more important. I'd love to go with an ANR Bose, but I just think it's silly to have to pull it half off to make it work.

Anyways, I love my Telex for the comfort and not having to stick something in my ear, but clarity is important to me.

Anyone else use a Telex 850 that has tested this?
97% of guys do not use a headset. (Other than the company issued one)
If you do use your own headset, plug the company headset back in when you’re done!
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to