What’s the better option?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Because all part 91 pilots are incompetent. At least we aren’t checked by our own company.

Not what I was getting at at all. I was just reporting what a background checker told me. He has been doing it for several years and spoke to corporate guys very much being an unknown quantity in terms of having multiple folks to reference and cross reference their performance and ability to fit in. As you all know, once you are hired at a union part 121 shop, you are pretty much tenured until you hit 65 or crash an airplane.
I just finished flying two days with a captain who had no business being in this job, but there he was, about to retire a millionaire. He was a military guy, btw.
I know lots of part 91 only guys and they’re all great pilots and are doing very well in the company. One is a personal friend and commutes out of my commuter city. I am just saying that if you only have part 91, it may be hindering your ability to get on at a 121 carrier and that is why.
I have zero corporate experience, so I can’t speak to how flying in a corporate flight department even works. No insult intended by me.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to