40 year old Career Changer from Wall Street?

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 13 of 13
Go to
Thanks.

Sorry- what is CLT limitation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Thanks.

Sorry- what is CLT limitation?

FAA Multi-engine Centerline Thrust, common for fighters since the engines aren't far enough apart to give you significant yaw with an engine out. Pretty sure F18 is CLT, and maybe F14 is too, at least per the FAA although that doesn't make much sense to me for the Tomcat given it's history.

Look at your commercial cert, it will list limitations on the back. If you have it, you'll need to get it removed by demonstrating Vmc skills to an examiner, so sort of a mini-checkride.
Thanks … no CLT. I flew S-3’s so plenty of asymmetric thrust to deal with.

Appreciate your insights very much.

FAPA - CLT Job Fairs
Wondering about feedback from the FAPA job Fairs? There is one in CLT this month. I still need to get a medical and get current. Too soon to go or worthwhile from a learning point of view.

https://fapa.aero/future/
Quote: I’d say get a new 121 training under your belt and you’d be right back in the game but I’ll defer to more experienced people here. It’s a whole new world.

My plan was to go to spirit but now with the new pay rates it’s really tempting to stay and upgrade. Help!

I can’t believe it’s been over a year since my last post and over 5 since I started this thread. Just a quick update. Been at Spirit about a year. Went through training with flying colors. Great company and people but not without its issues (like all airlines). Quite happy here and could retire he and be happy. Have an interview with a legacy soon. Wish I knew what was happening with JB but will try for the CJO at the legacy then decide.

Great to see some of the other career changer posts. RickAir is the man with the best advice! And I would STILL recommend anyone in their 40s to go for it generally speaking!

hope everyone is well.

-NC
Thanks
Never posted on here before, but just wanted to let you all know people like me really appreciate your insight. I am about to job from an engineering career to the airlines and nervous about the timing. Have you all seen any changes that would indicate the music is coming to an end? By the way, Rick, thanks for the work you do moderating this. What a great site.
Quote: Never posted on here before, but just wanted to let you all know people like me really appreciate your insight. I am about to job from an engineering career to the airlines ...
Sharing of experiences (especially in this area) is absolutely appreciated. I'm a former 121 guy who got furloughed in 2008 and I've been working in engineering since then as well. I'm considering making the switch back to flying professionally and reading others success stories is definitely encouraging.
Quote: I can’t believe it’s been over a year since my last post and over 5 since I started this thread. Just a quick update. Been at Spirit about a year. Went through training with flying colors. Great company and people but not without its issues (like all airlines). Quite happy here and could retire he and be happy. Have an interview with a legacy soon. Wish I knew what was happening with JB but will try for the CJO at the legacy then decide.

Great to see some of the other career changer posts. RickAir is the man with the best advice! And I would STILL recommend anyone in their 40s to go for it generally speaking!

hope everyone is well.

-NC
I got the CJO from Delta! I am super thankful and grateful about that. It will be annoying to take a pay cut again, but it seems to make the most sense, and a small price to pay considering the long run.

I love flying. And still love flying. And I’m pretty sure I will still love it even when I turn 65. Maybe back to cape air after that 😂

From my research, it seems clear that Delta is a great airline. United, while much closer to me, and way more convenient, would have to call very soon at this hiring rate.

These are good problems to have at any rate and thanks to all those pilots that have paved the way for us new comers. It’s because of THEM that we are here. So THANKS!
Congrats! My neighbor got his 1500 & ATP, did almost 3yrs at PSA then got picked up by Delta. He's been awarded a Captain's bid on the A320 with a little over a year since start of indoc. He could have held the bid sooner but wanted to wait so he would have a handful below him. So roughly 4 years after getting 1500 hours he's going to be a JFK/LGA based Captain making around $330/hr I think it is. DTW is also doable for a 1yr upgrade.

Quote: I got the CJO from Delta! I am super thankful and grateful about that. It will be annoying to take a pay cut again, but it seems to make the most sense, and a small price to pay considering the long run.

I love flying. And still love flying. And I’m pretty sure I will still love it even when I turn 65. Maybe back to cape air after that 😂

From my research, it seems clear that Delta is a great airline. United, while much closer to me, and way more convenient, would have to call very soon at this hiring rate.

These are good problems to have at any rate and thanks to all those pilots that have paved the way for us new comers. It’s because of THEM that we are here. So THANKS!
3  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 13 of 13
Go to