A future Mainline-only EWR?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Quote: I'd guess a new terminal gets underway after the ORD and LAX Terminal 9 projects are about wrapped up - so long as MWAA plays ball.
Speaking of which, heard the upcoming loss of our LAX H-lot parking will be directly related to the building of the new Terminal 9 there.

Anyone else heard about it?
Quote: A and B???? You mean C and D. That's been the long range plan for more than a couple of decades. Dulles Development Projects | Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
He is talking about EWR Terminal A&B
Quote: He is talking about EWR Terminal A&B
Thanks; I haven't flown into sewark for several years. This thread went rather schizophrenic, mixing IAD and EWR comments. Five comments about IAD and IAD construction followed by the comment I quoted without any reference to EWR.
Quote: Thanks; I haven't flown into sewark for several years. This thread went rather schizophrenic, mixing IAD and EWR comments. Five comments about IAD and IAD construction followed by the comment I quoted without any reference to EWR.
LOL sorry about that.
A year ago we had a canceled or severely delayed flight every hour IAD to EWR on a crappy dash or an inferior 50 seat product. Now we have mostly mainline and our atc guy in chicago giving them priority in the flow to avoid those delays. No more late or missed connection running between the trailer park that is A to C/D. They might screw some stuff up but this was a huge step in the right direction. Smisek would have just put more rj's on the route to fix the problem of too many rj's.
Quote: A year ago we had a canceled or severely delayed flight every hour IAD to EWR on a crappy dash or an inferior 50 seat product. Now we have mostly mainline and our atc guy in chicago giving them priority in the flow to avoid those delays. No more late or missed connection running between the trailer park that is A to C/D. They might screw some stuff up but this was a huge step in the right direction. Smisek would have just put more rj's on the route to fix the problem of too many rj's.
Tomorrow (5/15) IAD - EWR

4 x 50 seaters
2 x mainline (first one not until 5pm)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Quote: Tomorrow (5/15) IAD - EWR

4 x 50 seaters
2 x mainline (first one not until 5pm)

I thought it was 3-4 mainline a day. Still better than it was.
Quote: I thought it was 3-4 mainline a day. Still better than it was.
True, but still a long way to go, especially for hub to (close) hub.

1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to