Light chop

Subscribe
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 11 of 14
Go to
Quote: Lol not fair to lump all RJ guys into one group of deplorables. We do a ***pretty*** good job of filtering out the riff raff so that those like the OP stay in their RJ. Of course once in a while one slips through the cracks. As a 3 going on 4 year guy, I have adapted to the DL way of life. Also don’t hear many guys complain about rides any more than any other airline. The other day UPS was complaining about two different altitudes. He said constant bumps and light turb.

That probably would’ve made the OPs head explode.
If I was fedex or ups... I’d go to the bathroom all of the time whenever I want and then sit a back down and say... light chop, got any better rides?
Meow.
Quote: i was able to get two more light chop calls in this afternoon in New York area. ATC received the info well and told me that it should be nothing worse. I said thanks.

I’m thinking I might start, while in cruise, calling on guard and saying there is some light chop on final can I get a wind check and then immediately responding to myself, ON GUARD. And then doing it again every so often.

Or maybe I’ll make a pirep for light chop... on guard.
Meowwww....
Quote: Meowwww....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYCcaIelB_U
Quote: I think this is over used, and ESPECIALLY by Delta pilots. Delta is the butt of many jokes about this, even on the radio when I hear light chop my assumption is it might actually be pretty smooth. Just report smooth, or if you are compelled to say light chop, use a prefix like occasional, or intermittent.

Let's get some accurate variety in turbulence reporting. For goodness sake, Delta prides themselves on being the best, show it by using terminology out of the AIM.

Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM) - Page 475
Quote: Yes I'm a new hire.
Have you made this point to the pilots you've been flying with?
Came real close to this falling off page 1.
Quote: Have you made this point to the pilots you've been flying with?
He told the LCA on IOE.
Want to report that in several places on the west coast and across Texas tonight ATC said there was light chop at various altitude. Several aircraft, not Delta, reported light chop.

So... Light chop. And a wind check on final.
Quote: Want to report that in several places on the west coast and across Texas tonight ATC said there was light chop at various altitude. Several aircraft, not Delta, reported light chop.

FedEx kept reporting light chop Saturday night. Idiots.
Quote: Want to report that in several places on the west coast and across Texas tonight ATC said there was light chop at various altitude. Several aircraft, not Delta, reported light chop.

I got a wind check at 370 for good measure.
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 11 of 14
Go to