Tokyo non rev

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Any ideas for getting wifi in town and while navigating the transit systems? I heard you can get a portable device that creates a wifi hot spot that I rent at and later return at the airport.
We rented a mobile wifi hotspot from SoftBank. Very easy and worked really well. 4g WiFi all the time and it lasted 75% of the day if we left it on. It’s easy to turn off to safe battery and it’s small enough to fit in your pocket. I think it was about $8 and insurance was $2 or $3. Well worth it. They will pre charge your card for $350 or something initially.
Thanks for the help!
Quote: Any ideas for getting wifi in town and while navigating the transit systems? I heard you can get a portable device that creates a wifi hot spot that I rent at and later return at the airport.
Travel Japan WiFi app works fairly well in town and is free, I loaded it up on the kids phones in case we got separated. We have also used a hotspot once that worked well.

See the Ueno Park Zoo and the Tokyo National Museum then finish out the day with a walk to a crazy street market nearby called Ameyayokocho. All very close to Ueno Station.
Thx for all of the feed back everyone.

Trip was awesome! Surfing and 4th of July fireworks in Hawaii (all three kids surfed for first time) and an amazing time in Tokyo.

Thx again
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to