Search
Notices

[Breeze] Airways

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 10:09 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Swapapotamoose View Post
You’d be surprised how many guys have short term memory though. It’s going to be a close vote but I think ALPA will be voted in. After that, who knows what neeleman will do. His tactics in the past was to “shut the airline down if we have to”.
How many of the pilot group are getting to vote? It sounds like it’s not even close to a majority of the pilots getting a say on the union drive.
Old 07-11-2022, 12:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2021

Originally Posted by adanthony13 View Post
How many of the pilot group are getting to vote? It sounds like it’s not even close to a majority of the pilots getting a say on the union drive.
I believe only 60 are voting. You’re right, the majority is not. But to be fair that majority has been sitting home collecting nearly 12k a month. What do you think they would vote?? They haven’t experienced the beatings and broken promises that the 60 endured. Since 98% of pilots are unionized , I think they’ll be okay.
Old 07-11-2022, 02:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2022

I believe only 60 are voting. You’re right, the majority is not. But to be fair that majority has been sitting home collecting nearly 12k a month. What do you think they would vote?? They haven’t experienced the beatings and broken promises that the 60 endured. Since 98% of pilots are unionized , I think they’ll be okay.
Hey they can always go to Skywest if they don’t like a union lol
Old 07-11-2022, 02:32 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Has it gotten better since you started or is it staying the same or worse? How effective has the pilot group been with working with management?
Old 07-11-2022, 04:24 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2019
Default SFO

Any truth to the SFO base rumors?
Old 07-11-2022, 04:45 PM
Isn’t that a sauce?

Joined APC: May 2022

You’d be surprised how many guys have short term memory though. It’s going to be a close vote but I think ALPA will be voted in. After that, who knows what neeleman will do. His tactics in the past was to “shut the airline down if we have to”.
All talk. DN has more to lose by shutting an airline down. If he does that he’ll never start back up again. All those pilots will be welcomed with open arms to oh I don’t know: UA, DL, AA, FX, UPS, AS, F9, JB, NK, G6 just to name a few…Even Envoy would be a soft landing with their 2-year pay scale.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:31 PM

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

Has it gotten better since you started or is it staying the same or worse? How effective has the pilot group been with working with management?
Well they are starting a union so guessing not great
Old 07-11-2022, 08:32 PM

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

Originally Posted by Twr199 View Post
All talk. DN has more to lose by shutting an airline down. If he does that he’ll never start back up again. All those pilots will be welcomed with open arms to oh I don’t know: UA, DL, AA, FX, UPS, AS, F9, JB, NK, G6 just to name a few…Even Envoy would be a soft landing with their 2-year pay scale.
That's how I see it as well
Old 07-12-2022, 05:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2021

Certainly there has been improvements, but when you’re at the bottom you can only go up.

As far as communication, my opinion is that the pilot group has expressed their concerns from day one. The pilot committee was formed almost immediately, as a way to effectively communicate with management. The BPC who doesn’t get paid for any of their time, went as far as doing managements work by gathering pay scales, benefits, contracts from other carriers. Surveys were done by the BPC that indicated the pilot groups main concerns. 1.PAY 2.QOL 3.attrition. Pay was simply addressed with “we can’t pay you more, we’re a start up”. well, what about QOL, can we make some improvements to the work rules and schedules? Nope, we’re a start up. As far as attrition their answer was “we’ll stop the operation if we have to, until we hire more pilots”
Working with management? I’ve seen guys and girls bend over backwards for the company to try and keep things moving.
The main benefit of ALPA will be organization. This firing from the hip thing isn’t working. There needs to be a contract to hold both sides accountable. It wasn’t all management btw. Breeze has had some very unprofessional pilots come through who only made things worse.
Old 07-12-2022, 03:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by caltex1 View Post
Any truth to the SFO base rumors?
Yes!!! September 1st.

SFO-ANC
SFO-HNL

new routes