Southwest Hiring Freeze?

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 13 of 13
Go to
Quote: Ha ha good one. It's a long shot, but Southwest buying Allegiant would be about eliminating competition. While you all have been off being a big 4 legacy carrier, the LCCs have been flying your old passengers around in increasing numbers. Frontier/spirit are too big to dispose of. Allegiant could go away tomorrow and few people would care. Management here has been focused on the resort business lately and seem disinterested in running an airline. I could see you guys buying allegiant and SY. Dispose of the Airbi, airtran the pilots. Then AS/Jetblue, and Frontier/Sprirt merge and the consolidation is complete.
“Few ppl would care” tells me they aren’t worth the money or joining of lists and the emotions that come with it. Sun country would be more likely and that’s unlikely in itself
Quote: Ha ha good one. It's a long shot, but Southwest buying Allegiant would be about eliminating competition. While you all have been off being a big 4 legacy carrier, the LCCs have been flying your old passengers around in increasing numbers. Frontier/spirit are too big to dispose of. Allegiant could go away tomorrow and few people would care. Management here has been focused on the resort business lately and seem disinterested in running an airline. I could see you guys buying allegiant and SY. Dispose of the Airbi, airtran the pilots. Then AS/Jetblue, and Frontier/Sprirt merge and the consolidation is complete.
Per our head of route planning, “I can find a way to compete with everyone, even Allegiant but I can’t compete with Spirit”.

I don’t see why SWA would want Allegiant. For what? They don’t have any valuable slots and why buy a bunch of Airbuses only to dispose of them.

Somebody is going to buy Spirit as they’ve become a thorn in the Big 4’s side. You can only grow and depress yields in places like DFW, BWI, ORD, LAS, FLL/MIA, NYC before you get a target on your back. No ill will towards Spirit pilots whatsoever, btw.
Quote: I have friends that just got emails for September interviews. So seems like things are moving. Maybe not as fast, but moving.
So, I don't know how accurate it is, but I heard directly from 2 differrnt CKAMs that the hiring freeze was considered and never implemented. They decided to continue hiring and interviewing as planned and published by SWAPA in June. The number of classes planned till the end of this year are 2 in August, 2 in September, 3 in October, 2 in November and 1 for December.
3  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 13 of 13
Go to