New info on direct entry captain interview?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to
Quote: Come on over to Piedmont. We’re hiring direct entry captains as well. Likely a faster flow then Envoy.
Yeah right

Filllllllllll
Quote: Supposedly ours will be approved by years end.

W&B App would be great! Hardly use the Wiz wheel & it’s time consuming., It works pretty easy but takes time to refresh memory. Turn this way, turn that way, get fuel this way, and move it the other way , no not that direction for fuel, but this direction. Ok cool we got our landing CG! There! We’re all set with TO trim & Landing Trim... now write those numbers down on this paper that NOBODY looks at unless you flew the airplane with weak muscles into the ground at the other end of this long runways.

W&B App would be really nice, safer, less time consumption, plus like the HOTs App it would automatically in the background save our inputs.

Wait... wait.. I wonder how many Envoy pilots realize that our HOTs App which we use for De-icing Type1/4 procedures & Holdover is saved in the background. That the information, input can later be retrieved, like a history function, or if something was to go down such as an incident or accident investigation. I foresee a W&B App to do the same. Which is great for any incident investigation and safety, data collection, rather than paper forms. It’s a digital, data driven world we live in.
You do know that the WB app will still make you soon the wheel right.?

Ask me how I know.
Quote: Hey we actually have a handy dandy app now for WB.
It’s actually not that useful...

Still have to spin the wheel/ run the useful “unofficial” app, fill out paperwork and plug in ACARS data to run #s. In its current form it just adds an additional step to slow down the process when the gate agent and FA give you the CLR and pax count 3 minutes before the door is supposed to be shut then pester you about getting the door shut on time so they don’t get blamed for a delay.
Quote: It’s actually not that useful...

Still have to spin the wheel/ run the useful “unofficial” app, fill out paperwork and plug in ACARS data to run #s. In its current form it just adds an additional step to slow down the process when the gate agent and FA give you the CLR and pax count 3 minutes before the door is supposed to be shut then pester you about getting the door shut on time so they don’t get blamed for a delay.
Just because it’s still in the test phase for a few more months. After that no more paper WB
Back to the thread. The DEC interview was straight forward. No technical just HR questions like why Envoy, why should we hire you. Very laid back. They went through the log books. Make sure your paper work is in order, it slowed up a couple of guys. We had 2 DECs, 1 cadet and 2 helicopter folks interviewing. All but one got the job.
Quick question, what are the mid and end of month pay checks looking like for a new CA on RSV?
Depending on taxes and health insurance mid is $1800 end of month is $2000ish. But I get the most expensive PPO option. ($600 a month)
Quote: Back to the thread. The DEC interview was straight forward. No technical just HR questions like why Envoy, why should we hire you. Very laid back. They went through the log books. Make sure your paper work is in order, it slowed up a couple of guys. We had 2 DECs, 1 cadet and 2 helicopter folks interviewing. All but one got the job.
Mine wasn’t strait forward at all. I read where if you had 121 exp that it was only hr. Couldn’t have been farther from the facts. H R part was great. Very professional young aviator out on medical. He extended me professional courtesy. Then they sprang a sim ride on me with no notice. I flew it fine. It’s supposed to be a Beech Baron but this thing flew like ah!t. Would’ve been nice to have had the info prior to interview but whatever. It’s Eagle, I worked there before so I was used to being lied to. Then 2 snowflakes grilled the Sh!t out of me on technical. It was clear I wasn’t welcomed there—even tho I’d been a captain for 5 years at old AMR Eagle. I’d have been 20 years senior to them—if not for 9-11.

But here’s the best part of the interview. When the last snowflake came to give me the “bad news”. I informed him that I already had 2 other job offers with class dates for both.

Hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha

Net result I have a much better offer with 2 other great companies and those dumbasses are still short. Nothing has changed there but the paint job.

I got the last laugh.
Filler. Filler. Filler
Quote: Mine wasn’t strait forward at all. I read where if you had 121 exp that it was only hr. Couldn’t have been farther from the facts. H R part was great. Very professional young aviator out on medical. He extended me professional courtesy. Then they sprang a sim ride on me with no notice. I flew it fine. It’s supposed to be a Beech Baron but this thing flew like ah!t. Would’ve been nice to have had the info prior to interview but whatever. It’s Eagle, I worked there before so I was used to being lied to. Then 2 snowflakes grilled the Sh!t out of me on technical. It was clear I wasn’t welcomed there—even tho I’d been a captain for 5 years at old AMR Eagle. I’d have been 20 years senior to them—if not for 9-11.

But here’s the best part of the interview. When the last snowflake came to give me the “bad news”. I informed him that I already had 2 other job offers with class dates for both.

Hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha

Net result I have a much better offer with 2 other great companies and those dumbasses are still short. Nothing has changed there but the paint job.

I got the last laugh.
Guess they saw something in you they didn't like... And i can see why.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to