New info on direct entry captain interview?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to
Quote: It's a good thing that those other 2 offers were vastly superior so you don't even have to worry about coming here. After all, you only have a few years left in the game.
“Vastly superior”-no, just more professional.
Quote: Perhaps just another filter to see if you really are interested in the job and can be bothered to look at what is a canned exercise prior (motivation assessment rather than knowledge assessment).
You might have a point there. But one professional aviator can sit across from another professional aviator and figure out within about 10 minutes if he could fly with that person for a month—all things being equal

If you will look back a few posts you will see that I said the interview started out that way. The professional aviator that did the HR portion was top notch.

The other 2 fumbled the ball.
Quote: “Vastly superior”-no, just more professional.
Surely this guy is a troll.
Quote: Surely this guy is a troll.

"Don't call me Shirley"!
Quote: You might have a point there. But one professional aviator can sit across from another professional aviator and figure out within about 10 minutes if he could fly with that person for a month—all things being equal

If you will look back a few posts you will see that I said the interview started out that way. The professional aviator that did the HR portion was top notch.

The other 2 fumbled the ball.
Maybe you answered the question of why you didn't get the job in the first paragraph.
I’ll bet he’s a snowflake.
What’s the training footprint like and are you paid at the captain rate through training if hired as a DEC? Also company says 6 months to hold Miami after the completion on training. Does that still hold true?
Quote: What’s the training footprint like and are you paid at the captain rate through training if hired as a DEC? Also company says 6 months to hold Miami after the completion on training. Does that still hold true?
Captain pay day 1

About 3 months to get checked to line

Anyone’sguess but bidding to Mia or ord has been fairly consistent but that could easily change with the fresh wave of mid to late 2016 hires upgrading en masse

Expect endless reserve at any base as a DEC
Does any know how many DEC capts were in the July 30th class? Did they all go to LGA?
M-F: Indoc
Sat- Sun: Off
Mon: HR and Union (half day)
Tues- Sat: Off
Sun: DNR
Mon-Wed: Fatigue, GED, GET
Thurs-Wed: CBT
Thurs-Fri: Systems & IPTs
Sat-Sun: Off
Mon-Thurs: Systems & IPTs
Fri: Off
Sat: Systems & IPTs