135 pilot to 121

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Was any of the turboprop scheduled service(135)? If yes that would check another box.

The reality of dreaming of AA right now is only about 10% of the hiring is pure civilian outside of the flow or non prior military.

Good luck.
Quote: I’ve got three buds from PlaneSense who went to SWA in the past year after a year or less in a jet. I would say the old formula is still valid, but it is a rapidly changing hiring environment.
SWA does tend to be more accommodating of varied flight experiences. They still hire turboprop pilots.
Quote: SWA does tend to be more accommodating of varied flight experiences. They still hire turboprop pilots.

I didn’t realize the other majors didn’t hire turboprop pilots. They should really put that in their stated minimums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: I didn’t realize the other majors didn’t hire turboprop pilots. They should really put that in their stated minimums.

I know people who went from Cape to JetBlue, so even Piston->Major is possible.

The common thing between the people I know who went from prop->major is, that they had/got their ATP. Majors don't like to pay for that (they don't have to).
Quote: I know people who went from Cape to JetBlue, so even Piston->Major is possible.

That’s because Cape Air has a gateway program with JetBlue. One guy was in my class. He is doing just peachy.

Quote: I didn’t realize the other majors didn’t hire turboprop pilots. They should really put that in their stated minimums.

Your odds are very poor for the top tier as a turbo prop pilot, unless you were military, then it's doesn't matter. Again, SWA is a notable exception.
Quote: Your odds are very poor for the top tier as a turbo prop pilot, unless you were military, then it's doesn't matter. Again, SWA is a notable exception.
I havn’t heard that before. Where are you getting the intel that turboprop pilots have worse odds?
Quote: I havn’t heard that before. Where are you getting the intel that turboprop pilots have worse odds?
I'm guessing the lack of pilots in large numbers going from Ameriflight etc to majors. That just isn't happening.
Quote: I havn’t heard that before. Where are you getting the intel that turboprop pilots have worse odds?
Observation and talking to people who are familiar with hiring practices. Even got told I needed some jet PIC once, by a well placed buddy at DAL who checked on my app, despite having jet SIC and plenty of it to go with my turbo prop PIC.
Quote: I'm guessing the lack of pilots in large numbers going from Ameriflight etc to majors. That just isn't happening.
Also, most prop pilots today are 135/91 vice 121, so that's probably a factor too.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to