Sent in an application Thursday, timeline?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to
Quote: And the more often you use this term incorrectly, the more watered down it gets and you get less overall understanding across the regional industry of what it means to actually cross a picket line.

There is a distinct difference in crossing a line, and having a pilot group vote in a contract.
What do you call a pilot group that refused to sign a statement saying they would not accept any subpar contracts anymore when every other regional airline signed it? And then voted in concessions?
Quote: I interviewed in March. Got a class date (mid August) nearly two months after I interviewed. Seems to be taking quite a while.

Congrats! Welcome aboard, stay on them for earlier class date, it sometimes work in your favor when your assertive. Things change all the time even at mainline, you can get an earlier class because people go elsewhere, I’m sure it happens at Envoy.

I wish you the best!
Quote: Exactly!

Who was the last regional carrier to strike? Comair?

Frontier voted 100% but are not released yet to strike.

Good luck getting the authorization to strike in this day an age. We won’t see scabs anymore. Not in my generation. Too many weak back bones. Nobody will toe the line, respond to “CALLs TO ACTION” write to their government representatives or support PACs.

A lot of weakness & selfishness in this new generation. Majority us don’t care about the past, and that is sad.
You might want to read up on the Spirit strike that occurred not that long ago where a few pilots actually did fly struck flying.
Quote: What do you call a pilot group that refused to sign a statement saying they would not accept any subpar contracts anymore when every other regional airline signed it? And then voted in concessions?
I really don’t care, but don’t make up a new definition for a word that has a specific meaning.
Quote: ^^This

(Denying jumpseats to other ALPA members as other suggest is a bridge too far, though. Cheapens the true meaning of scab and how they ought to be treated.)
I had a captain just look at the Oxygen level in the bottle and deny it based on that.
Quote: I really don’t care, but don’t make up a new definition for a word that has a specific meaning.
Fair enough. I'll just call them scum.
Quote: Fair enough. I'll just call them scum.
Haha, works for me.
Quote: Planes did go elsewhere and no grudges were held against those pilots because it wasn't a result of pilot action. PSA on the other hand....

And pretty sure there is still bad blood between TSA and GoJet. Neither PSA or GoJet pilots are scabs in the traditional sense of the word, but someone willing to screw someone else over to promote #1 isn't someone I want to be around.

Exactly, well said!
Quote: What do you call a pilot group that refused to sign a statement saying they would not accept any subpar contracts anymore when every other regional airline signed it? And then voted in concessions?

Brown streak?
Not a chance of getting that July 30th class date, unfortunately. I would expect a month before you get an interview at least and 3-5 months until a class date.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to