new hires/flow not shaving?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 11
Go to
Quote: This is silly.

We get paid like professionals. Why the hell is it so hard to look like professionals?

Newsflash: We have a uniform. Wear it like a damned adult.
(And yes. Adults do actually groom themselves-shaving and the whole 9 yards.)
Agreed. That fact that we are having to have this conversation is… worrisome
Quote: Agreed. That fact that we are having to have this conversation is… worrisome
Some ******* will show up with a man bun. And try to cause a stink because the company doesn’t like it.

Just watch.
Quote: Some ******* will show up with a man bun. And try to cause a stink because the company doesn’t like it.

Just watch.
lol!! Without a doubt this will happen.
Quote: lol!! Without a doubt this will happen.
It will..

And you never see older people pulling this BS.

It’s one of the results of raising a whole generation of ‘participation trophy’ idiots.

Been told that they are “special, special, little snowflakes” since they were still having their butts wiped by mommy.

Some will never become adults-no matter where they work or what they get paid. I have no idea what will happen when mommy is no longer able to feed their drama.
While we're at it, how bout the super relax dress code now for training. All these new hire class photos with some in flip-flops... seriously? I'm going through an R9 recurrent now and most guys I see are in jeans and tennis shoes. WTH? I guess I'm just old school now... it's way too casual for me.
Quote: Im a new hire and I havent seen unshaven FO’s but I do see a lot of sloppy CPT’s in black tennis shoes.
The regionals are infested with un-shaven pilots lately, and the regionals are probably not in a position to be too hard-over on things like that these days. That naturally sets the bar, and when folks flow/hire to mainline they bring their expectations with them.

The question being, is mainline going to fire some probies over stuff like this? That has to start with CA's, are they willing to throw the flag on 1) standards and 2) attitude.
y'all sound like a bunch of middle school girls gossiping and complaining.
Quote: It’s not that hard to look the part. Pressed pants and shirt at the dry cleaners $4.50. Shoe polish in CLT is $5-7. That’s about one trip to Starbucks. At $88.28/hr for a new hire that’s easily accomplished.

And yes I have shown up to work unshaven once. Met the captain, owned my appearance before he said anything and no problem. The reason was No water at the house due to water meter going bad. Had to bathe in the pool.

Fixed it for you. I don't think there's a better shoe shine in the AA system than the one in CLT.
This thread makes it seem as though there is some epidemic amongst new hire/ flows. R-E-L-A-X . Some of you could use a little less starch in your uniform. I think some folks just need a little more guidance than others and that is part of a Captain and Chief pilots job. Clearly, this is not the place to create effective change. Also, LGA has a nice $5 shine
Quote: This thread makes it seem as though there is some epidemic amongst new hire/ flows. R-E-L-A-X . Some of you could use a little less starch in your uniform. I think some folks just need a little more guidance than others and that is part of a Captain and Chief pilots job. Clearly, this is not the place to create effective change. Also, LGA has a nice $5 shine

LIAR!

There is NOTHING nice about LGA.

NOTHING!!
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 11
Go to