Crew cooler

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
eBags, aerocast, strongbag, or something else. I usually eat 2 meals a day. Which is your favorite
Aerocoast EFB2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its been a decade since I flew 121 but I'm coming back, help me understand how you use these coolers. lets say you have a three day trip. Do you really bring 3 days worth of food and keep it cold for 3 days? if so, how do you keep it cold all the time, seems like it would be a job itself to keep on top of it. I totally understand for a day trip. I'm sure I'm missing something. If its non perishable stuff you bring why does the bag need to be a cooler?
Quote: Its been a decade since I flew 121 but I'm coming back, help me understand how you use these coolers. lets say you have a three day trip. Do you really bring 3 days worth of food and keep it cold for 3 days? if so, how do you keep it cold all the time, seems like it would be a job itself to keep on top of it. I totally understand for a day trip. I'm sure I'm missing something. If its non perishable stuff you bring why does the bag need to be a cooler?
Some do actually bring full meals for the trip. I flew with a guy recently that even had a little heater to warm food from his cooler, lol. That’s way over the top, IMO.

I use mine for those times when I know I’m getting in late and nothin’s open, or food while commuting/deadheading or day trips. I use a headache bag that doesnt sweat and fill it with ice from the hotel. Keeps a subway sandwich, grilled chicken salad or whatever else cool for the day. I also try to bring healthier snacks: celery sticks, carrot sticks, etc. That’s my method. It’s way too much work to carry food for a whole trip, IMO.

I use a combo bag that carries my headset, etc. plus has a smaller cooler built in.
Quote: Its been a decade since I flew 121 but I'm coming back, help me understand how you use these coolers. lets say you have a three day trip. Do you really bring 3 days worth of food and keep it cold for 3 days? if so, how do you keep it cold all the time, seems like it would be a job itself to keep on top of it. I totally understand for a day trip. I'm sure I'm missing something. If its non perishable stuff you bring why does the bag need to be a cooler?
You don't know how to keep food cold?
Quote: You don't know how to keep food cold?
No, I think the question being asked is - "do you seriously pack food to work like you're going camping - as a professional pilot"?

I wonder the same thing.
Yeah what the F.
Y’all got a gluten allergy or what?
Can’t eat airplane food?
Airport food?
I used to fly 135 with this guy that would drag 150lbs of food around trying to save his per diem.
C’mon bro
Airline pilots cheap, no way!!
They took the peanuts away and the pretzels are dry! These pretzels are making me thirsty! What am I supposed to eat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To each his own. I usually try to pack something. Depends on the trip and how much time I have to prepare. Sure is nice to have something to eat when that 2 hour leg turns into 4.5. Ruined my Pappacita's breakfast burrito plan.
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to