New Hire wanting ORD: ERJ or CRJ?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: He's just complaining..
LOL, you must be new.
Quote: And what pain is that? QOL issues, bad trips? What is the ERJ “loosing” that is bringing it closer to the CRJ?
90-100 hours/month. 11-12 days off. Inability to drop trips. The ERJ honeymoon is quickly coming to a halt as we rapidly take on more aircraft.
How long would it take for a new E175 FO to hold a line in BOI? If I lived in BOI and had to commute to ORD or LGA for awhile would that be a horrendous commute? Thanks!
Man comes online hating the prospect of endless reserve and leaves hating the prospect of no QOL because of no reserves.
Airline hard.
Quote: Man comes online hating the prospect of endless reserve and leaves hating the prospect of no QOL because of no reserves.
Airline hard.
If you live in base and can survive on min guarantee reserve is amazing. If you commute or don't make enough it's terrible. Different strokes.
BOI
Quote: How long would it take for a new E175 FO to hold a line in BOI? If I lived in BOI and had to commute to ORD or LGA for awhile would that be a horrendous commute? Thanks!
Well, there are 53 guaranteed lines and number 53 on the seniority list has been here at least a year. There’s 59 targeted lines and number 59 is around the 3900 range in seniority and that range would get you a composite line. I think the list is around 4600 pilots right now so you could do the math from there. The plug in BOI is around 4100 on the list. Realistically I would say 6 months to a year to get in? Longer to hold a line of course.

Remember, that could all change tomorrow for better or worse. Maybe they grow the base, and new hires can get in or maybe they shrink it or stop growing (i.e. SEA) and that six months turns into 2 years just to be the plug.

Good luck.
BOI was going to new hires all the way up until March or so. Then once they open SLC , things came to a screeching halt. I suppose it's about SAN or LAX or DEN level to get in however the avg base seniority in BOI is a lot lower cause it's filled with guys less than 2yrs on property vs PDX, SEA and SFO, LAX all of which have some pretty senior qol seeking FOs.
True. I was CRJ in DEN then transitioned to the 175 just before they announced BOI. I got BOI when it first opened and it was going junior then but now more-mens from SLC are showing up like crazy. Haha I kid.
Sorry to thread-jack, anyone have any input how long a new hire could expect to be Midwest/East Coast based before getting out to a West Coast base, preferably one of the California bases?
A few buddies I met in class held SFO after a month a half or two on reserve in ORD.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to